Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Benning certainly sucks and Bear did look like a good passer when he was here last year, the trouble is Bear was slow footed and a turnstile on d and we would still be in trouble.
The problem is we have a defenseman or two who does that without the good passing

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Who gives a ****?

They fire Tod and or Chia, and they are replaced by GG and Mact. Then what?

More despair and tales of woe.
Okay? All I said was it was odd that the guy closest to the team hasn't tweeted yet about the game (and still hasn't), which he usually does. He always is trying to calm down the fans after a loss.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Benning certainly sucks and Bear did look like a good passer when he was here last year, the trouble is Bear was slow footed and a turnstile on d and we would still be in trouble.

I view Benning and Bear about equal in terms of potential to hurt us defensively. But only because Bears inexperienced and we should expect that he needs to learn the game at NHL pace. But here's the thing, Benning sucks defensively and shown he's not getting better. Atleast with Bear there's that potential he could continue to get better defensively. So them being equal defensively with Bear having the better upward potential then you look at Bears' much better offense and it's an easy choice. Get Bear in. Sit Benning forever.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think the reason that Talbot was left in the game was to embarrass him. Usually goalies are pulled by the 3rd or 4th goal. He was kept in to send a message to him.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
McDavid not going out for the 3 stars and instead giving the cap to a kid in the stands by the hallway also speaks volumes.

I was at the Florida game sitting 3 rows up between the benches at dead centre ice and after about a 15 second shift his line was called off the ice in an offensive zone draw and IIRC Draisatls line came out. Lucic skating off the ice glared at Gulatzan and said to him What the **** is this, loud enough to be clearly heard behind the glass. Slammed the bench door, turned his back to the coach and his team mates and slumped, didn't follow the play and just opened the door for other players not moving down as players often do, waiting for his number to be called, which was a while.

He did the same tonight mid 3rd, although I cant tell if he said anything to the coach. But the same schtick, short shift after his AHL line mates bobbled the puck around centre ice, went to the bench, massive door slam and sat with his back to his team mates and his coach w slumped shoulders and did not engage beyond that other than to open the bench for his team mates, not moving down to the centre of the bench as players normally do. It was real bad and I doubt the TV cameras caught it or most fans unless you were specifically keying on Lucic coming off the ice.

As much as it pains me to say it as I was a huge Lucic fan when he was in Boston and was excited about his signing here, Lucic has become a cancer. They need to move heaven and earth to dump Lucic.

The time has come to be moving that player to another team even if it means giving up on this years first and taking bad money back. You simply cannot have a cancer in the room and he's become a lighting rod for all that ails the team. Not that it will change the fact we have little secondary scoring, but time for Rebuild 3 to start.
Thanks for sharing.

Lucic might be someone who benefits from playing under a different coach. Actually most of the team is probably candidates for this but he comes to mind right away because of the 11 month "slump" he is in. His best days are behind him but I don't believe he's as bad as 2 goals in 66 games.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I view Benning and Bear about equal in terms of potential to hurt us defensively. But only because Bears inexperienced and we should expect that he needs to learn the game at NHL pace. But here's the thing, Benning sucks defensively and shown he's not getting better. Atleast with Bear there's that potential he could continue to get better defensively. So them being equal defensively with Bear having the better upward potential then you look at Bears' much better offense and it's an easy choice. Get Bear in. Sit Benning forever.
Only problem is Bear hurt his shoulder and his shot is off. It’s why he hasn’t scored yet in Bakersfield. It’s a bad time right now. They need to give bear some time to get healthy and find his game again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Only problem is Bear hurt his shoulder and his shot is off. It’s why he hasn’t scored yet in Bakersfield. It’s a bad time right now. They need to give bear some time to get healthy and find his game again.

Ahh okay. Was hoping someone would chime in with a status report on Bear. I HOPE the injury is the only thing keeping Bear off this roster, if it's Tmac thinking Benning deserves to be here or Chia directing that his new overpaid signing stay up to retain his value it would be another indictment on this crap organization.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
At least Eakins kinda looked like he was doing something on the bench aside from chewing gum

giphy.gif

LOL. Can't believe this happened.

Oct 15, 2008
Okay? All I said was it was odd that the guy closest to the team hasn't tweeted yet about the game (and still hasn't), which he usually does. He always is trying to calm down the fans after a loss.
He knows the fans are irate. Doesn’t want to give any fuel for the torch and pitchfork crowd. Bob is lots of things, stupid isn’t one of them.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He knows the fans are irate. Doesn’t want to give any fuel for the torch and pitchfork crowd. Bob is lots of things, stupid isn’t one of them.

He knows he has to pick his words carefully because he doesn’t want to defend the next scapegoats. Very likely you’ll see TM get fired and Talbot get traded IMO.

Oct 15, 2008
He knows he has to pick his words carefully because he doesn’t want to defend the next scapegoats. Very likely you’ll see TM get fired and Talbot get traded IMO.

More likely nothing happens. McLellan should have been canned last season. The ‘plan’ was to do nothing and hope for the best. Well, that is proving to be both problematic and predictable. For that, and other things, Chia should also be relieved immediately.

In a world where the owner cares more about winning than dollars and cents, the gm, coach, and OBC hangers on would all be cleaned out tomorrow. Sadly that isn’t the way things work in Katzington.

Their arrogance knows no bounds, and permeates the entire organization. They know best, while at the same time knowing nothing. People keep filling the new arena that was paid for by the taxpayers so it is business as usual. When that changes, we will see changes. Not before.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
More likely nothing happens. McLellan should have been canned last season. The ‘plan’ was to do nothing and hope for the best. Well, that is proving to be both problematic and predictable. For that, and other things, Chia should also be relieved immediately.

In a world where the owner cares more about winning than dollars and cents, the gm, coach, and OBC hangers on would all be cleaned out tomorrow. Sadly that isn’t the way things work in Katzington.

Their arrogance knows no bounds, and permeates the entire organization. They know best, while at the same time knowing nothing. People keep filling the new arena that was paid for by the taxpayers so it is business as usual. When that changes, we will see changes. Not before.

Geez where have I heard this before? Glad I FF the game after the LV lead.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think the reason that Talbot was left in the game was to embarrass him. Usually goalies are pulled by the 3rd or 4th goal. He was kept in to send a message to him.

Last time he was pulled didn’t he have a hissy fit and go straight to the dressing room?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad