Is Sergei Bobrovsky still a top 10 goalie?

Is Sergei Bobrovsky still a top 10 goalie?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He was truly abysmal this year but my gut reaction is to say he just makes the cut, yes.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
No. He has never proven anything. Terrible goalie when it counts with a terrible playoff track record. One good series in his entire career.

Two Vezinas, and I would not even have him top-5 in his generation [maybe not even top-10]. Way behind Price, Lundqvist, Rask, Rinne, Luongo, etc. I'd even have him behind goalies like Bishop [who has been a very steady goalie in his career]. I may even have him behind Fleury, as terrible as Fleury was for a stretch of four or five years for the Penguins in the playoffs, Fleury has also had a couple of very good playoff runs while having good regular season success.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd still say yes. Closer to 10 than 5, but I'd consider him top 10.

He still has a .917 career SV%, so it's not like his incredible inconsistency is affecting his career stats that much.

He's still likely to be a Vezina finalist and potentially a Vezina winner any given year. But there's also a chance he'll suck any given year. The ceiling is so high and the floor is so low, but the huge potential in his game still makes him top 10. I don't think at age 31 he's past it. I think he's a hugely inconsistent player whose play will vary a lot from season to season and even within seasons.

Reactions: eli4spetterss0n

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
No. Not even close. And he wasn't when they signed that contract either. He was never really what that Jackets system made him appear to be.

Reactions: I am not exposed

eli4spetterss0n

Jul 9, 2013
White Rock, BC
The only goalies I'd for sure rank over him are:

Vasilevskiy
Hellebuyck
Rask
Gibson
Price
Bishop
Markstrom
Lehner

Even with his terrible season, I'd put him in the Andersen, Hart, Grubauer tier.

Reactions: jetsforever

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think he will bounce back a bit and get into the top 10 but I’d say he’s out of it rn. Regardless looking like a rough contract for the Panthers

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He kinda has a history of having really good years and really bad years.

I'd hedge my bets and say he's still toward the bottom of the top 10, even after a horrific year.

That said, even if he is a top 10 goalie, that contract is terrible.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In his good years, yes. In his bad years (like this one), no. We'll see which one he is next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00