Is Ottawa good?

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
We're only 6 games in, but they've beaten teams like Florida, Tampa and Utah (who have had a good start themselves).

Ottawa meets good teams. Entirely NHL have good teams.

This is all without Ullmark as their starting goalie, who has been out since their first game IIRC.

Without Ullmark? Hence Ottawa goes bad?

Are they going to make the playoffs?

Ottawa have a good chance of doing the playoffs.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This thread pops up every year the last 3 seasons. Lets see how they finish the year, they've had the talent to make the playoffs for 2 or 3 years and always finish comfortably out of the playoffs. The young guys might take a step forward and the goalie might get them some points... but is it enough to make up the 13 points they finished out of the playoffs last year?

They're very much at the point where I'll believe it when I see it

Reactions: SNES and Tuggy

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
No, Ottawa is not good. Maybe we can bump this thread when they move to the new arena. They might be just ok by then. Should lock the thread until the move.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
No, they’re not good and won’t make the playoffs. Fun to watch though because they play fire wagon hockey. Their game isn’t stout enough to make the playoffs in that division.
?
That changed entirely once Martin took over last year. Sens really don't play cheatey Hockey anymore.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Ottawa is a team that's perfectly capable of putting up a 94-98pt season and making the wildcard.

Is that good? I think wildcard teams would be considered average...

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
This thread pops up every year the last 3 seasons. Lets see how they finish the year, they've had the talent to make the playoffs for 2 or 3 years and always finish comfortably out of the playoffs. The young guys might take a step forward and the goalie might get them some points... but is it enough to make up the 13 points they finished out of the playoffs last year?

No, they really have not. At the top end? Sure. But this is the first Sens team since their ECF run that has any depth whatsoever

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Pretender at best. They have 1 or 2 decent quality players. But they lack true elite team construction. They'll be booted out of the first round at best. Most likely a fringe playoff team making it 50% of the time.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Good Jinx thread.

Anyway they can be good but they do seem to be easily rattled when things go wrong to the point that they all look anxious.

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Pretender at best. They have 1 or 2 decent quality players. But they lack true elite team construction. They'll be booted out of the first round at best. Most likely a fringe playoff team making it 50% of the time.
I don’t think anyone has said they’re elite in this thread. They have talent and up and coming good team. There’s a couple elite teams in the league and that’s it.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
I don’t think anyone has said they’re elite in this thread. They have talent and up and coming good team. There’s a couple elite teams in the league and that’s it.
Exactly, I guess it depends on how you define "good". I'd re-phrase and say Ottawa is in the okay to good category. Definitely not elite.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Fair enough, but it's worth pointing out they would have been on the bubble of the playoffs last year if they just had average goaltending instead of historically terrible netminding from Korpisalo and Forsberg.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Sens will end the season above Montreal and below Buffalo, so probably solidly in the lottery as per usual.
Oh they will finish better than Buffalo. The Sabres still don't seem to know who they are.

Not sure they will make the playoffs in that grinder of a division. I do think their games will be meaningful right to the very end. Still a 7th or 8th seed would not surprise me. Got some work to do, but yeah I think this team is turning that corner

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I never get too high or too low in October but so far it looks like they have a good chance to make it. I give then around a 30% chance at making playoffs.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
So diving into some deep research I've managed to decode some of this.

"Rizz" = charisma
"Gyatt" = strong excitement, suprise or admiration
"Beta" = used to describe someone who prefers other people to be in charge and may be shy or lack confidence
"Sigma" = referring to a supposed classification for men who are successful and popular, but also silent and rebellious
"Mewing" = The act of making your jawline more defined by putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth

So the Sens may have shown 'rizz' so far this season but the fans are still hesitant to 'gyatt' on the team because in the past we were 'mewing' as wannabe 'sigmas' when we were in fact just rizzless 'betas'. While there may be 'rizz' right now, there is also the reality that we may once again revert to our historically 'incel' 'chud' state of aggressive indifference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad