Is Ottawa good?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Many people (myself included) thought hiring Travis Green was a bad idea. We're only 6 games in, but they've beaten teams like Florida, Tampa and Utah (who have had a good start themselves). This is all without Ullmark as their starting goalie, who has been out since their first game IIRC.

Are they going to make the playoffs? The east is a bloodbath, and the atlantic is a tough divison. Are they going to finally put it together this year?

• Wow
Reactions: Fatass

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
By east you meant - "Atlantic". Which is a real blood bath at the start of the season. Cats leading the division with -5 goal differential, while Montreal is the last team only 4 points behind Florida with 1 game in hand. Other divisions do not look like this.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think the team is a bit better maybe. Special teams are certainly humming right now, and they haven't lost any games because of bad goaltending so far, which was a major problem last year.

I don't know if any of this is because of Green through. I think Staios has added pieces that have covered up a lot of the glaring weaknesses.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
By east you meant - "Atlantic". Which is a real blood bath at the start of the season. Cats leading the division with -5 goal differential, while Montreal is the last team only 4 points behind Florida with 1 game in hand. Other divisions do not look like this.

The Metro still has good teams like the Rangers, Devils and Hurricanes. Washington has a good start too

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

Coincidentally this was was the video recommended by youtube after posting my original clip. I'm still struggling to understand it completely; disecting the subtle nuances and symbology... but after 10-20 views I feel this may better describe the 2024-25 Ottawa Senators than I could ever hope to put into words.

Sometimes life just comes at you.

Reactions: MoneyManny

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

Coincidentally this was was the video recommended by youtube after posting my original clip. I'm still struggling to understand it completely; disecting the subtle nuances and symbology... but after 10-20 views I feel this may better describe the 2024-25 Ottawa Senators than I could ever hope to put into words.

Sometimes life just comes at you.

So diving into some deep research I've managed to decode some of this.

"Rizz" = charisma
"Gyatt" = strong excitement, suprise or admiration
"Beta" = used to describe someone who prefers other people to be in charge and may be shy or lack confidence
"Sigma" = referring to a supposed classification for men who are successful and popular, but also silent and rebellious
"Mewing" = The act of making your jawline more defined by putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth

So the Sens may have shown 'rizz' so far this season but the fans are still hesitant to 'gyatt' on the team because in the past we were 'mewing' as wannabe 'sigmas' when we were in fact just rizzless 'betas'. While there may be 'rizz' right now, there is also the reality that we may once again revert to our historically 'incel' 'chud' state of aggressive indifference.

Reactions: MoneyManny

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Upon further veiwings, the story - and truth - is beginning to form. The pieces are finally starting to come together. The Emporer or 'Darth Rizzler' may or may not be an symbolic representation of the NHL itself. That being that the entity which controls the 'rizz' of the Universe (NHL) may infact be corrupting and swaying true rizzitizens towards the dark side of the 'beta' so that the artificially placed 'sigma' or even 'alpha' has undisputed reign - ie the 'Big Market'/'Small Market' conspiracy.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
So diving into some deep research I've managed to decode some of this.

"Rizz" = charisma
"Gyatt" = strong excitement, suprise or admiration
"Beta" = used to describe someone who prefers other people to be in charge and may be shy or lack confidence
"Sigma" = referring to a supposed classification for men who are successful and popular, but also silent and rebellious
"Mewing" = The act of making your jawline more defined by putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth

So the Sens may have shown 'rizz' so far this season but the fans are still hesitant to 'gyatt' on the team because in the past we were 'mewing' as wannabe 'sigmas' when we were in fact just rizzless 'betas'. While there may be 'rizz' right now, there is also the reality that we may once again revert to our historically 'incel' 'chud' state of aggressive indifference.
This was painful to read...

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
This was painful to read...
why-do-so-many-genz-teens-wear-this-stupid-haircut-v0-bes6dj9g0sic1.jpg

Last edited:

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
bubble team inching toward the playoffs. their d might be an issue in the longrun. at some point during the season they should try and pick up a dman

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
depends on what you think good is? good to me means top 3 in division and a step above wildcard teams like wash last year. i dont think were quite there so im gonna say no were "fair" instead lol

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
We started both of the last seasons 4-2 before going into a freefall and never recovering. I will wait at least a dozen games before any sort of conclusions. Remaining cautiously optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad