Is McDavid Top 10 For You All Time Already? If Not How Much More Does He Have to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
For peak for sure he is, already. For career not yet. But it would be very surprising to see him retire tomorrow

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To roll any given number 3 times in a row with a standard die, your chances are 1/216
To do the same with a 32-sided die, your ods are 1/32768

Hockey isn't as perfectly balanced as dice by any means, but the difference in winning a cup in a 6-team league vs a 32-team league is exponential. If your argument is based on elderly players winning cups - then you should stay away from Vegas, and get H&R block to do your taxes for you.

To be clear - There are valid reasons to say he's isn't top 10 yet. Stanely Cups are simply not one of them.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He didn't tilt the ice like others with a claim to the Big 4 and his 5 on 5 play, despite his video game numbers simply leave something to be desired IMO.
The stats are there his ESGF/ESGA and r-on R-off ratios just don't compare to the other 3 players.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
No credible authority that I know of lists Barry Sanders as the GOAT running back. Not over players like Jim Brown and Walter Payton. He was great, no question....but his legacy is the same as Dan Marino's....both great players who have never won a championship.
I was a professional sportswriter for years. The GOAT rb argument is between barry and brown, period.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I said probably not but close before, I'd say he's in now. It's nice if he hangs around banging out elite seasons for a while but I'm not ranking career value but rather players. Have there been ten better players than McDavid in hockey history? I highly doubt it.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
No credible authority that I know of lists Barry Sanders as the GOAT running back. Not over players like Jim Brown and Walter Payton. He was great, no question....but his legacy is the same as Dan Marino's....both great players who have never won a championship.
Payton over Sanders is crazy lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad