Around the NHL - Part XLIII (Off-Season Edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
The logo looks like it was designed on MS paint.

It reminds me of a (slightly modified) Chevrolet logo:

IMG_20240627_051441.jpg

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Eh in the NFL they just cut players. Even really good ones, just because of the salary cap.

I think that’s worse than these trades.

I mean sure Lafferty and Mikheyev are decent players but really just depth guys
I don’t think it’s worse in a vacuum, but it would be much worse for NHL players. Cole Kmet has the same cap hit as McDavid. A random, middling TE costs the same as potentially the greatest hockey player of all time.

Getting cut after banking tens of millions of dollars is a lot different than getting cut after banking several hundred K.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Speculation the Detroit Red Wings adding cap space for a run at Steven Stamkos (obviously they connection through Steve Yzerman in Tampa Bay), maybe Jake Guentzel, but not Jacob Trouba. I'd rather Stamkos with the NYR than Patrick Kane.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Speculation the Detroit Red Wings adding cap space for a run at Steven Stamkos (obviously they connection through Steve Yzerman in Tampa Bay), maybe Jake Guentzel, but not Jacob Trouba. I'd rather Stamkos with the NYR than Patrick Kane.
it's all about the contract details for these 2

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Imagine voting for Charlie f***ing Lindgren for the Hart Trophy and then doubling down. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad