Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lindholm hasnt scored in 2024.

He is goal-less in 14 straight games.

He has 1 goal in his last 22 games

His numbers have consistently gone down over the last few seasons as he was clearly piggy backing off of Tkachuk and Gaudreau. He cant carry or drive his own line.

Should we consider that the return on him wont even be as expensive as we may have originally thought?

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I was thinking this exact thing. Now definitely he is probably the top rate center readily available still but does he deserve a Horvat level return based on his play??? probably not. He still might get it but he probably shouldn't.

Reactions: HitterD

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Lindholm hasnt scored in 2024.

He is goal-less in 14 straight games.

He has 1 goal in his last 22 games

His numbers have consistently gone down over the last few seasons as he was clearly piggy backing off of Tkachuk and Gaudreau. He cant carry or drive his own line.

Should we consider that the return on him wont even be as expensive as we may have originally thought?

He's shooting at 6.3%. It's easy to crap on a guy when the puck isn't bouncing his way. The previous five years here, he averaged a 15.26 shooting %.

Additionally - "piggy backing" is a disingenuous way of putting it. He played a key role in the success of that line. His totals last year were down, sure, but he was also directly tied to career years for his linemates in Toffoli and Dube. Linemates matter. What a shocking revelation.

Lindholm is not an elite offensive driver, but he has shown the ability to make those around him significantly better, and absolutely has shown the ability to drive play in an incredibly positive direction. Things haven't worked this year, but GM"s don't have short term memories.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
He might not be scoring but Sharagovich and Huberdeau are putting up points like mad since they put that line together. It's the first time we've had a functional top line all year

I'd say his value is increasing from what it was a month ago. He's more than proved he can shoot, being able to have a postive impact when the goals aren't there is very valuable.

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Horvat deal: Protected 1st, Raty, Beauvillier
49gp 31g, 24a 55p

Lindholm:
47gp 8g, 23a 31p

I don't think he's worthless or anything, but the Horvat deal is the closest comparable and Lindholm is having a significantly worse season. I'm not seeing the argument that they should cost the same.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fan*. It’s equally delusional to think you can make any kind of conclusion on a fanbase based on this single thread.
It's not based on a single thread. It's based off multiple threads. It wasn't a single fan, it was multiple fans.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sure, of course I’ll take your word for it, a Calgary fan talking about only Canuck fanbase.
You don't have to take my word for it. The threads and posts are right here for you to see. They're on the first page, you don't even have to search for them.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
You don't have to take my word for it. The threads and posts are right here for you to see. They're on the first page, you don't even have to search for them.
I’ve been in those threads. I don’t make the same conclusion as you. That’s a subset of an entire fanbase. Maybe amend your statement to the a handful of fans who you’ve interacted with. But it doesn’t mean your original post wasn’t wrong; it was a fallacy.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Lindholm: 47gp 8g, 23a, 31pts

Monahan: 47g, 11g, 20a, 31pts

Lindholm linemates: Huberdeau and Sharangovich

Monahan linemates (most recent): Josh 'Wawa' Roy and Joel Armia (Pearson and Gallagher his most used linemates)

Adam Henrique - 46gp, 14g, 15a, 29pts

Really not too much seperation anymore on the top of the trade board for centres.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
For sure his value has dropped simewhat since last year.
That said, a change of scenery could see him thrive on another team.
Plus there’s not likely to be a high supply of available forwards.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I’ve been in those threads. I don’t make the same conclusion as you. That’s a subset of an entire fanbase. Maybe amend your statement to the a handful of fans who you’ve interacted with. But it doesn’t mean your original post wasn’t wrong; it was a fallacy.
It was multiple posters. It was multiple threads. No, it wasn't everyone, but it wasn't the minority either. What would be the point of this thread when there is already a main thread if not an absurd attempt to drive down the value of a player you're interested in?

Lindholm: 47gp 8g, 23a, 31pts

Monahan: 47g, 11g, 20a, 31pts

Lindholm linemates: Huberdeau and Sharangovich

Monahan linemates (most recent): Josh 'Wawa' Roy and Joel Armia (Pearson and Gallagher his most used linemates)

Adam Henrique - 46gp, 14g, 15a, 29pts

Really not too much seperation anymore on the top of the trade board for centres.
There isn't a "top of the trade board" for Cs. There is Lindholm. There is Henrique a tier below that. There is a depth option in Monahan. Lindholm's linemate Huberdeau is worse than either guy Monahan has played with.

Anyone who thinks Lindholm and Monahan are even a similar tier is delusional. You have an example of what a younger Monahan was traded for. We had to GIVE YOU a 1st to take him. Now you think he's going to bring back a Lindholm return? Delusional.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
I still think he'll net a pretty good return. There aren't a ton of really good options on the market right now, and his versatility and upside make him a really tempting option for any team looking to go deep. The one thing that could hurt his value would be if some bigger fish are made available closer to the deadline.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
It was multiple posters. It was multiple threads. No, it wasn't everyone, but it wasn't the minority either. What would be the point of this thread when there is already a main thread if not an absurd attempt to drive down the value of a player you're interested in?
I think we will just end up going in circles. You’re a Calgary fan and I’m a Canuck one. Just because you say it wasn’t the minority doesn’t make it true. You’re strictly talking about a subset of fans in this subforum, and at that a vague recollection of them. If you think that only the Canuck fanbase is delusional to think this forum affects a player’s actual value in the NHL, you’re free to think it, but to me that’s a pretty delusional thought.

Last edited:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
He seems like a fairly milquetoast piece in the bigger picture. Not someone who drives a line, but someone who's a nice complementary piece on a line with a (or multiple) high-octane winger(s). Like a refined version of his Toronto cousin.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

There isn't a "top of the trade board" for Cs. There is Lindholm. There is Henrique a tier below that. There is a depth option in Monahan. Lindholm's linemate Huberdeau is worse than either guy Monahan has played with.

Anyone who thinks Lindholm and Monahan are even a similar tier is delusional. You have an example of what a younger Monahan was traded for. We had to GIVE YOU a 1st to take him. Now you think he's going to bring back a Lindholm return? Delusional.
Huberdeau - 26pts in 46 games.

Monahan's most used linemates - combined 24pts in 75 games

Lindholm makes 4.65m, Monahan makes 1.985m.

Im not the type of poster who's saying 'Monahan is going to get multiple firsts!!' but I am expecting Flames fans to be disappointed to see what Lindholm would fetch.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Plummeting? Subjective term, but no IMO

Has his contract demands slipped some? Likely yes

Has the return to the Flames slipped a bit? Likely yes

Is Lindholm the top center TDL target for most teams? I suspect so (for sure top 2-3 group), especially if cap hit isn't a major factor (example the Jets have tons of cap space). In fairness there are multi center targets out there with cap hits in the 4-6 mil range that are very interesting targets. If a team is cap strapped (or missed out on other more popular centers) but still needs/wants a center Monahan is also available albeit he's more of a plan B or plan C target IMO.

Do GM's look more at the body of work of a player vs a small sample size when judging fit, trade value, etc? Absolutely yes, so I doubt any GM is viewing Lindholm's value as "plummeting".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad