Is Leon Draisaitl on pace to be the best non-“big six” nation hockey player ever?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is Leon Draisaitl on pace to be the best non-“big six” nation hockey player ever

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
More to hockey than points. Basing an argument purely on points when comparing players or careers is a rudimentary approach that shows little understanding of how players contribute to a full 200’ game.
Player X is not better than player Y strictly because X puts up more points.
Sure that's a fair point and I love 2 way players but at some point Draisatl just has so much more offense than say Kopitar and even Stastny.

I love those 2 guys but seriously drai is living rent free here.

Reactions: Duke74

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Sure that's a fair point and I love 2 way players but at some point Draisatl just has so much more offense than say Kopitar and even Stastny.

I love those 2 guys but seriously drai is living rent free here.
Again, more to hockey than offense.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Haha, uhh okay? Oiler fans will happily keep the 'most overrated player' on the team. What a weak ass attempt of an insult. Continue making baseless narratives and nonsense hyperboles though like Chara doing the same thing on this team because of McDavid :thumbu:
I hope you keep him too. Terrible defensively. Cost you the series along with Skinner. If you think Bouchard is better than Chara then LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I hope you keep him too. Terrible defensively. Cost you the series along with Skinner. If you think Bouchard is better than Chara then LOL.

Not only do you make nonsense false narratives, you also put words in peoples mouths that they don't say either. Talk about real clown behavior. Amazing job :huh:

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Not my job to make a compelling argument, the players did that with their careers ;)
We know. None of us expect anything objective now. You don’t ever make an argument let alone a compelling one. It’s usually just “Drai bad because 5 other players on ice.”

“Hughes not bad because playing 1 vs 6.”

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Complete no show when it mattered the most in his career so far.
IMG_2440.jpeg

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Now do the almost any Canucks player including Hughes & EP in the second round and after having the series lead. Talk about no shows.

Don’t give him facts. They don’t apply to him or his teams.

Is Leon Draisaitl on pace to be the best non-“big six” nation hockey player ever?

Weird, I don’t see anywhere in the thread title where it pertains to what the Canucks and or EP/Hughes did or didn’t do.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Weird, I don’t see anywhere in the thread title where it pertains to what the Canucks and or EP/Hughes did or didn’t do.
And?

It’s a hockey related response. You’ll be okay.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
And?

It’s a hockey related response. You’ll be okay.
Good coping mechanism I guess, unfortunately neither did worse than Draisiatl in the finals 🤷‍♂️

But anyways, back to the actual topic of the thread.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Good coping mechanism I guess, unfortunately neither did worse than Draisiatl in the finals 🤷‍♂️

But anyways, back to the actual topic of the thread.
“If I ignore everything Draisaitl has done in the playoffs and hone in on the one round the Oilers lost this season to the Stanley Cup Champs while injured, then Draisaitl = bad.”

Talk about coping.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Complete no show when it mattered the most in his career so far.
View attachment 908444

How convenient to completely omit the broken finger and broken ribs that he played throughout that entire series. Context matters.

Not to mention your previous statements that "there's more to hockey than offence" and yet you post his offensive statistics. Interesting logic.

Reactions: PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
How convenient to completely omit the broken finger and broken ribs that he played throughout that entire series. Context matters.

Not to mention your previous statements that "there's more to hockey than offence" and yet you post his offensive statistics. Interesting logic.
“Stats work for me when I feel like it, but not for you ever.”

“Injuries apply to us, not to you.”

The inconsistency is painful to see. Not to mention how often we hear about “DeMKo’s/EP injuries” and how they win in 4 games if they played. Some posters genuinely believe their hypotheticals more than they believe real life.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

The elusive broken finger, never has a player ever endured an injury of such magnitude.

“If I ignore everything Draisaitl has done in the playoffs and hone in on the one round the Oilers lost this season to the Stanley Cup Champs while injured, then Draisaitl = bad.”

Talk about coping.
The conversations about the top players and how they’ve achieved greatness in the early rounds is often talked about, oh wait.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
The elusive broken finger, never has a player ever endured an injury of such magnitude.

The conversations about the top players and how they’ve achieved greatness in the early rounds is often talked about, oh wait.
Forget the broken ribs, it’s just a finger. What’s the point of playing any games before the finals, amirite?

Once again, your inconsistency and how disingenuous your hockey posts are is painful to read, but blatantly obvious to everyone.

You continuing to ignore anything that doesn’t suit your feelings is par for the course.

Refer to above posts if you’re unsure of what is being referred to.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Forget the broken ribs, it’s just a finger. What’s the point of playing any games before the finals, amirite?

Once again, your inconsistency and how disingenuous you are is painful to read, but blatantly obvious to everyone.

You continuing to ignore anything that doesn’t suit your feelings is par for the course.

Refer to above posts if you’re unsure of what is being referred to.
It’ll be ok no need to get upset, people are allowed to have different opinions on a hockey forum 😉

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It’ll be ok no need to get upset, people are allowed to have different opinions on a hockey forum 😉
Main difference is you seem to think that your opinion/feelings supersedes anything factual or objective. Hence the responses like that one. Once again - par for the course. :nod:

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

Notwithstanding the rib injury, which you neglected to address, you do realize that hockey players use their fingers to play the game, right? It affects the way you grip your stick, pass, and shoot. Let us know if there’s anything else we can explain to you about this wonderful sport.

Reactions: PuckG

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Notwithstanding the rib injury, which you neglected to address, you do realize that hockey players use their fingers to play the game, right? It affects the way you grip your stick, pass, and shoot. Let us know if there’s anything else we can explain to you about this wonderful sport.
Both fairly insignificant injuries when you factor in what hockey players usually endure during playoffs.

Main difference is you seem to think that your opinion/feelings supersedes anything factual or objective. Hence the responses like that one. Once again - par for the course. :nod:
Everything will be ok, people are allowed to have differing opinions ;)

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Both fairly insignificant injuries when you factor in what hockey players usually endure during playoffs.
That’s certainly an argument. “Broken ribs in a heavy contact sport is an insignificant injury,” tell us enough about where your hockey knowledge is at.

Par for the course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad