Is it time for a Canadian only professional hockey league?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
i say this because i feel with bettman calling the shots, i don't see canadian nhl teams have a chance to win..

i believe its time for canadians to create their own professional hockey league just like the CFL...

in this professional league, the salaries will be lower and the ticket prices will be affordable for families...

i say to canadians let the NHL go with its pro american business mindset...and embrace a new league that will cater to hockey crazed canadians..

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You'd rather watch sub AHL-tier Canadian hockey than get over your Canadian sense of entitlement. Hockey is a global game. The US has the best financial demographics, get over it.
Soccer is a global game, hockey is a continental game that 5/7 continents don’t give a shit about.

Edit: correction, maybe Antarctica cares.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You'd rather watch sub AHL-tier Canadian hockey than get over your Canadian sense of entitlement. Hockey is a global game. The US has the best financial demographics, get over it.
30 years without a Canadian team winning, 7 Canadian teams.

It's going to be at least 210 years before every Canadian team will win a Stanley cup.

We just want something to cheer for

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
This is a thread calling for the formation of a new league limited to only Canadian players because the NHL is apparently biased against current teams in Canada and I'm the one who needs to relax because I made a joke?

Ok. :laugh:
It's an impossible idea and you took it way too seriously.

"Go ahead and try it" :laugh:

Like I said, chill

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
i say this because i feel with bettman calling the shots, i don't see canadian nhl teams have a chance to win..

i believe its time for canadians to create their own professional hockey league just like the CFL...

in this professional league, the salaries will be lower and the ticket prices will be affordable for families...

i say to canadians let the NHL go with its pro american business mindset...and embrace a new league that will cater to hockey crazed canadians..

Yeah this post is laughable, come on yall.

This needs to f***ing stop just because southern US teams in the final 4? f***ing stupid

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You can enjoy your independent minor league that's on par with the SPHL. All of the best Canadian talent (along with players from everywhere else) will be playing in the United States in the National Hockey League.
I mean they kinda do anyway unless Canadian teams pony up more money.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
This is a ridiculous conversation.

Toronto lost because their top players didn’t step up.

Oilers lost because they couldn’t score 5v5.

Winnipeg lost because their players quit.

Montreal lost in the cup finals in 2020 because Tampa was a way better team.

The Ottawa Senators have had a terrible team since 2017 whenever they were a goal away from the Stanley Cup final.

The Vancouver Canucks lost in game 7 against the Bruins in 2011.

Calgary lost in 7 games in a very close series in 2004 against Tampa. The last three games were all one goal games. They have had some good teams that have all underachieved.

In what way did Bettman make these teams lose?

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
30 years without a Canadian team winning, 7 Canadian teams.

It's going to be at least 210 years before every Canadian team will win a Stanley cup.

We just want something to cheer for
You can cheer for the other teams all you want, I certainly don’t and won’t ever. That doesn’t mean we as fans of the other Canadian teams want them to win lol. I couldn’t care less about the Habs being the last team that happens to be in Canada winning it 30 years ago, with this whole PLD thing I actually hope they stay winless. Ditto for the other teams in Canada. You’d be naive to think that Edmonton fans would want Calgary to win a cup over them, or Toronto fans with Montreal or Ottawa fans. When I cheer for another Canadian team to win, I cheer for Team Canada (whenever they play that is). It’s not a thing to cheer for other Canadian teams like you think it is and it’s not Bettmans fault that the teams here are incapable of winning worth a damn.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Anyways, you Canadian guys that freak out over Bettman and stuff would be a lot happier if you all just made the concentrated cultural effort to push Junior Hockey into the same sphere of relevance within your country as NCAA Football and College Basketball are in the USA.

Places like Tuscaloosa, Alabama.. Norman, Oklahoma... Lawrence, Kansas... Clemson, South Carolina... Lincoln, Nebraska... they aren't sitting around crying because they don't have NFL and NBA teams, they just treat the local college team as the biggest show in town and give it all the attention and fervor that come with pro sport franchises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad