Is Attendance overrated?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Nope small towns, small cities. Does not matter. Same prices across the board nowadays. We have the highest food prices in the world to boot. Our taxes are easily 40% + of what we bring in.

View attachment 910429
You were saying... our milk alone is about $7.50 average. Eggs $5-8 , bread about $5. Easily 40% if not more of what we bring in, we pay in taxes.

Check any cost of living calculator. It balances out. I was just in Toronto and Calgary in July. They felt comparable to Atlanta. They were not NYC or LA.

The tax difference for an average fan salary is overblown. It's a single digit difference, and Canadians get free healthcare out of it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Absolutely not. All I have heard for 20 years is "traditional" market fans talking shit slamming markets like the Panthers and Coyotes having legendary mismanagement and lack of success of any degree. You made your bed on this being an issue. If someone like the NYR only pull 13,000 I am gonna have a field day. Missing the playoffs and a bad economy was never an excuse you gave to anyone else

Reactions: Bixby Snyder

Jun 27, 2005
Attendance and ticket sales matter a lot to the NHL. It's the biggest chunk of their revenue.

kz5n68rp2zcd1.jpeg

MLB concessions and parking (8% of $10.9B)/70.7 million overall attendance = $12.33 per person attending.
NHL concessions and parking (12% of $6.8B)/22.9 million overall attendance = $35.63 per person attending.

I alway suspected that we were paying ridiculous prices at games.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
MLB concessions and parking (8% of $10.9B)/70.7 million overall attendance = $12.33 per person attending.
NHL concessions and parking (12% of $6.8B)/22.9 million overall attendance = $35.63 per person attending.

I alway suspected that we were paying ridiculous prices at games.
Not quite correct on the math.

You assumed zero dollars for concessions.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Not quite correct on the math.

You assumed zero dollars for concessions.

The approach looks correct to me (assuming the chart is correct), other than that he used 8% for MLB "concessions and parking" other than 10% (the 8% is for NBA).

And I don't know where the attendance numbers are sourced from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad