Is Artemi Panarin overrated?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Nobody doubts the skill, the flash, the passion. But the guy seems to routine turn into a floater in the playoffs, and the last two years have been particularly glaring.

He’ll almost always collect points, but in terms of driving play or taking over games, Im not sure there are many guys in his price range that do it less when the games matter.

Thoughts?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The rangers entire team is to blame. Their top 6 and their top defensemen were horrible. The goaltender can't be relied upon to score goals

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Nobody doubts the skill, the flash, the passion. But the guy seems to routine turn into a floater in the playoffs, and the last two years have been particularly glaring.

He’ll almost always collect points, but in terms of driving play or taking over games, Im not sure there are many guys in his price range that do it less when the games matter.

Thoughts?

To be fair, the whole offensive core struggled throughout the series.

For Panarin, he has all the flash and skill, but it's the type of game that gets jammed up in the playoffs. He gets bullied along the boards when he tries his usual method of skating in and making a pass. Your forwards (i.e. Trocheck, Tarasenko, someone) needs to keep the opposing D honest to open up some space.

There's just not that type of space to move, and he's not fast/elusive enough to make it through. Compare that to Zuccarello, who used to be awesome for that. Very agile along the boards.

Panarin is a skilled player, and he has a hell of a lot of ability, but there's a lot of other guys I'd call on in a playoff game when I need something to happen. He also just needs to not hesitate to shoot, because you can predict he'll look for the pass.

Whether it's size or work ethic, I don't know. I'd like to see a little more passion out of him in those games, though.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Timo Meier had a big goose egg this series.
Meier at least was noticeable all series. He generated a ton of shots and high danger scoring opportunities. And played a gritty, annoying game when his shots weren’t falling.

Panarin is a defensive black hole and a turnover-waiting-to-happen when he’s not producing. Literally a detriment.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

Thoughts?

Add a poll. Now.

But yes

Reactions: DevilDog

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
He was fine

It was dudes like Zibanejad that are total trash. Beyond the fact that the Devils players were simply way better than whatever the Rags could offer

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If you can game-plan for Panarin or get the Rangers on their heels he disappears. He’s best in open space, using creativity to turn chances into points, but if you ask him to play a complete game or turn the tide- doesn’t seem like the dude for it.

Idk if he’s overrated or just not really a complete player, but his x-factor gets shut down more easily in the playoffs, imo.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad