Is anyone else actually missing Taylor Hall?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you miss Taylor Hall

• Total voters

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I liked Hall, he was clearly very talented but never seemed to be able to completely put it together. Overall I would say he underwhelmed as a Coyote and I'm glad they didn't sign him because it would've cost way too much for what he's able to bring to the table. Hall had a hell of a year in NJ when he earned the MVP honors but it was an outlier. That was literally the only year of his entire career he cracked the 30G mark. I think the reality is Hall is an ok first line winger but no where near superstar status. Again I liked watching him play and it always seemed like he could break out at any moment but I think that's just who he is, that breakout never really comes.

Reactions: XX

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I think it depends on whether you've seen someone get a serious case or know someone who died from it, like I have. You tend to have less appetite for the cutesy phrasing in those cases.
I've only heard college-age students use the term here, but it might be a cultural thing. We haven't had it remotely close to the levels the US has, so I think most haven't had it touch their personal lives very much at all.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Are you from / living in Oz? Living in AZ I've never heard of it being called the 'rona. Australians abbreviate everything. Maccas, Arvo, (for afternoon) how does that even make sense. Like abbreviating 'Jon' into Jono. Must have an abbreviation even for a one-syllable name like Jon...

Lived in Melb for 3 years miss that place sometimes. Including every time I step into a starbucks (which is not often)

But yeah Canis to answer your question, I've literally never heard 'the rona' here. "The virus" or Covid in normal social circles
Yeah, I'm in Adelaide now, but from Arizona. The standard of coffee in this country is high, yes. We just cold brew all our coffee over night by default now as it reduces the release of tannins.

Reactions: Surfshop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad