Is anyone else actually missing Taylor Hall?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you miss Taylor Hall

• Total voters

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Hall 1 goal 8 million.
Eichel 2 goals 10 million.
Kruger the ex soccer Chairman/Director is part of the group that thinks they should run the world. The Sabres hired him after he had a little bit of success coaching an all star team of Euros that made the finals in a 2016 tournament. He a joke and needs to be fired.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Keller and Crouse at least have room to improve. Hall doesn't. Hall is a luxury player, and we don't have any luxury.

Keller and Crouse are luxury players too. Hall doesn’t have room to grow but he’s far superior to those two. He outworks them, and out scores them (with the exception of this year but he plays in Buffalo so meh).

Keller and Crouse may have already peaked. I’d rather have Hall at Keller’s contract than Keller at his contract haha

Reactions: Surfshop

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think Keller, Dvorak, Schmatlz, and Garland deferred to Hall as being the best player on the team.

Without him they're competing and pushing each other to be "the guy". The effort level of all them is much higher than when Hall was here.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think Keller, Dvorak, Schmatlz, and Garland deferred to Hall as being the best player on the team.

I think that's true to some extent. There was a lot of over deferral in passing going on, particularly on the PP. But I don't think it applies much to Garland. Garland is one of the best examples ever of P/60 stats translating when given more ice time. We saw what he did last season with trash linemates and 14 min a night. Tocc gives him some extra ice time and all the sudden he's a point per.

He was probably pretty close to capable of that already last season, though I do think he's better at 5 on 5 than he was so there is some development there.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd be ok with him coming back next year if he signed a reasonable deal. I wouldn't be thrilled with anything over $6 mil and about 4 years. I'd imagine he'd get a better offer elsewhere. It'd be asinine to give up any decent assets for him again. 25 or under player with upside or a package deal for a young star I'd be ok with. Moving assets for anything else is just stupid and I don't think that is part of Bill's 5 year plan.

Reactions: lanky

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
So much chatter about Hall that people are overlooking Eichel's low goal production. Buffalo has curious stats. Eichel and Hall are racking up the assists. Role players are the primary goal scorers for Buffalo currently.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
So much chatter about Hall that people are overlooking Eichel's low goal production. Buffalo has curious stats. Eichel and Hall are racking up the assists. Role players are the primary goal scorers for Buffalo currently.

You mean role players like Sam Reinhart and Viktor Oloffson? They're not role players they're Eichel's linemates on Buffalo's top line, both average 18+ mins a night. smh

NHL Stats

Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I do miss Hall. Thought that he was the player that teams had to prepare for most and make sure you were aware of when he was on the ice. In theory, that should open up ice for other players, and have a further trickle-down affect for the next line combos.

BUT, there is definitely something odd about how the teams that Hall is on tend to underperform. The Devils team in 2017-18 was the highest point production from both an individual and team standpoint. Now, it is foolish for suggesting that Hall would be the root cause. But outside of Benjamin Button, Hall might be the next most curious case to identify. Someone that good should not lack that much team success...

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
We wouldn't have made the playoffs if the pandy didn't occur and he would have most definitely not stayed or signed with us even if we were to offer him a deal.
If the pandemic hadn't occurred, it's likely the salary cap would have continued to have gone up and it's feasible we'd have had enough space to accommodate him. Whether that would have been wise is another question. I think a five year deal wouldn't have been outlandish. It'd likely not be that great of a year this year, but a lot of deals are coming off after this season, so he'd have been signing in order to be on the team at the point on when the rest of the core continued to develop. Plus you need to consider that a lot of the young cores deals were signed with the rising cap in mind, where they start to look like excellent deals a few years down the road.

With Hall, we'd probably put out our best top two lines the team has had in ages. Currently we feel like we can put out a decent top line on nights, but the other line just isn't complete enough. I don't know how you'd run it, as we had Hall-Dvorak-Garland last season, but Garland-Schmaltz-Keller has been good this year. I think throwing the latter in and then pairing Hall and Dvorak would be the way to go. Maybe we'd still sign some one like Pitlick to play up with them, or Kessel could work out.

Regardless, Hall is a good complimentary piece, and if there had been no pandemic, I don't think it's an open-shut case of him not resigning here. I don't know that he's that keen to simply come out with the highest dollar and term in his contract despite earlier reporting.

One last point would be the possibility of Chayka still being here. Maybe without the possibility of him taking himself out of the team bubble, and the lack of financial losses from the pandemic would have allowed Meruelo and him to smooth things over better, as unlikely as that may sound, and thus being the GM who acquired Hall, he might be more likely to put forth the effort to retain him. Plus something about egos or whatever it is some seem to think actually guides the higher ups on teams, but this has been enough postulating on alternative timelines.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Do people refer to it as the 'rona' by you guys or is that strictly an Australian thing where everything must be abbreviated no matter what?

I think it depends on whether you've seen someone get a serious case or know someone who died from it, like I have. You tend to have less appetite for the cutesy phrasing in those cases.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Do people refer to it as the 'rona' by you guys or is that strictly an Australian thing where everything must be abbreviated no matter what?

Are you from / living in Oz? Living in AZ I've never heard of it being called the 'rona. Australians abbreviate everything. Maccas, Arvo, (for afternoon) how does that even make sense. Like abbreviating 'Jon' into Jono. Must have an abbreviation even for a one-syllable name like Jon...

Lived in Melb for 3 years miss that place sometimes. Including every time I step into a starbucks (which is not often)

But yeah Canis to answer your question, I've literally never heard 'the rona' here. "The virus" or Covid in normal social circles

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
I remember the excitement I had up until the Coyotes acquired him. We were in rumors from big-name sources and I was giddy. When he came here, it was like a wet dream. That said, he did not perform the way I imagined he would, even on an injury riddled team. It wasn’t all his fault, but he was considered a superstar that could be a game changer. He wasn’t that for us, and he’s not that for Buffalo. I don’t think he would be a great signing for us, especially the money he would demand. He is on the downturn and I don’t imagine another superstar season out of him.

Nostalgia is fun, but often not recreated.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Hall is a great player and i think he was ocerall one of the best Coyotes since Roenick/Tkachuk.

But like every team sport, you cant win the games alone. You need good teammates to reach your goals and he has just Eichel in Buffalo and he had ... in Arizona. Maybe Garland!?

Wish the Yotes could fire Toc, build a strong physical team with 1,2 players like Taylor Hall.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I remember the excitement I had up until the Coyotes acquired him. We were in rumors from big-name sources and I was giddy. When he came here, it was like a wet dream. That said, he did not perform the way I imagined he would, even on an injury riddled team. It wasn’t all his fault, but he was considered a superstar that could be a game changer. He wasn’t that for us, and he’s not that for Buffalo. I don’t think he would be a great signing for us, especially the money he would demand. He is on the downturn and I don’t imagine another superstar season out of him.

Nostalgia is fun, but often not recreated.
Hall I think was the reason RT FINALLY noticed Garland. Those two were magic together. Both have the same work ethic.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Several responses to that tweet said he was at the end of a long shift. Give him credit though he had the right idea

Isn’t like we didn’t see him slip at GRA before since our ice is probably the worst in the league.

Despite only one goal he does have 11 assists. Given the Sabres make even the Coyotes look like world beaters right now he’s trying to make things happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad