Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
On people thinking the video was faked. There's easily hours of footage of them discussing other top players in a similar matter. One on one with guys like Iginla and Lindstrom. It seems like a wow they got the guys they wanted because they edited out their talking of players they didn't get. It's just editing. I'm sure there's some prospects they didn't draft they were ranting and raving about.

I think the video it's their last meetings, like theirs final list, so they edited for these guy who drafted, but they have all very high on their list, for sure. Demidov is 2nd on their list, Hage very easy to see that they have him in the range of 12-18 at this point.

No fake video, just like you said, editing parts to talk about these players, but they have them at top of their "range".

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Watching the 2023 one and it seems it was a team decision to pass on Michkov.

Good ol' goalie debate and Ryan doing everything for Fowler.

Riendeau had Rien to say against it.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The media team deserves a salary increase. No doubt about it. They're doing a great job. Since a long time ago. It's not something new.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
What an absolute miracle Lindstrom was taken and didn't fall to us. That back injury everyone was glossing over is rearing it's ugly head and will no doubt be a nightmare for years to come.
It's a miracle our guys didn't have the opportunity to make this mistake. I'm not so sure they would've passed on Lindstrom.

That said, if he returns to full health, I'm sure he can be a handful as an NHL player. Like Kreider or something. But at 5? I didn't love him injury or no injury.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
It's a miracle our guys didn't have the opportunity to make this mistake. I'm not so sure they would've passed on Lindstrom.

That said, if he returns to full health, I'm sure he can be a handful as an NHL player. Like Kreider or something. But at 5? I didn't love him injury or no injury.

If the draft fell differently and Demidov wasn't available to us, I personally would have still taken the flyer on Lindstrom despite the injury.

As you said, his size speed and shot would be an absolute handful for other teams to deal with. (if healthy) I'm guessing for Hugo it was between him and Iginla, not sure which way they'd ultimately lean, they're both fantastic character guys.

They probably go the safe route with Iggy, the thinking being you can't have two large centers in Dach and Lindstrom with injury question marks.

Guess it's better i'm not the GM, as I would have went with Cayden.

Either way, I hope it works out for Columbus, Lindstrom's a great kid and they've had enough bad luck as it is with Gaudreau etc, plus they did us a huge solid by not trading with the hawks, giving us Laine, and passing on Demidov.

Last edited:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Suggestion : Add the video in the OP of this thread to be able to easily find it!

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
They probably go the safe route with Iggy, the thinking being you can't have two large centers in Dach and Lindstrom with injury question marks.

Guess it's better i'm not the GM, as I would have went with Cayden.
They 100% would have gone with Lindstrom, IMO. Not even close,

Reactions: HabbyGuy

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Couldn’t find a thread for this but I know the show about the habs rebuild is on crave mid September. Is there nowhere else to watch this?

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
What an absolute miracle Lindstrom was taken and didn't fall to us. That back injury everyone was glossing over is rearing it's ugly head and will no doubt be a nightmare for years to come.
I knew it. Everyone downplayed it like it was an afterthought...

Without Lindstrom going where he did, we would not have Demidov. We were blessed this draft I tell you, everything aligned.

Reactions: 1909

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
They 100% would have gone with Lindstrom, IMO. Not even close,
I doubt it, the narrative was that they were absolutely in love with Iginla as per my understanding. But yeah I wouldn't bet my future house on it, it's quite possible they would have taken Lindstrom which is why I am thankful he went early.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Just a quick reminder guys :

Have a great saturday boys !

CLg.gif
I raise you this!

Attachments

• sp_group_hr-20201021jpg.jpeg
    sp_group_hr-20201021jpg.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 2

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
In '25 draft we will probably take physical mid liners. Unless we draft high but I doubt it. Spence be good pick if we get in top 5 but that is highly unlikely.

Hughes has everything else. Goalies, top 6. Needs a top defenseman but best to acquire a veteran where rest is young.

I heard somewhere he was looking at Letourneau or Beaudoin if Hage was gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad