Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
The Slafkovsky's year video is legendary. Sooooo damn good.
That draft will always be special because it happened in Montreal. I remember walking on St-Catherine that day and just feeling the NHL vibe, so many athlete-looking people with the same shirts and the same look. Electricity in the air.

And then the draft itself, that I watched from home. I remember the gasp when they announced Slaf. "From the Slovakian National Team...". His surprised look. The reaction of his parents. I remember it all.

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Had not seen these videos
Thx for sharing...............

Habs are in Good Hands guys.

I wonder what goalie he wanted before Fowler??? Vincent Riendeau thought Fowler first was a mistake?? The boys shut it down............
maybe Ratzlaf?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
That draft will always be special because it happened in Montreal. I remember walking on St-Catherine that day and just feeling the NHL vibe, so many athlete-looking people with the same shirts and the same look. Electricity in the air.

And then the draft itself, that I watched from home. I remember the gasp when they announced Slaf. "From the Slovakian National Team...". His surprised look. The reaction of his parents. I remember it all.
My buddies bumped into my father who then bumped into a very very drunk Dan Cleary who tried to flex who he was to my father who didn't give a single shit lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
My buddies bumped into my father who then bumped into a very very drunk Dan Cleary who tried to flex who he was to my father who didn't give a single shit lol
Great story, good on your dad from brushing off the immortal Dan Cleary!!! Certain players, or ex players, really have a self inflated ego !!

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Wtf :laugh:
Dan Cleary???
Yeah he's part of the DET scouting team. I think the draft in Montreal is a big party tbh, all the (former) players go their usual haunts if they're still around. They bumped into Cleary at Thursday's or Winnie's iirc. Some things never change.

Reactions: Gustave

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

I'll never forget Slaf's reaction. He was trully honestly shocked.

So glad they picked him.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
They keep releasing these images, teasing us, playing with us. The habs media team knows this fanbase way too much.

Weirdly enough, I wonder how good it will actually be. Part of the charm of the last two was that both times, the habs kinda used that video to sell their salad and "explain" why they took a player (or not) when you read between the line. But this time there's no drama, everyone wanted the Demidude.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Are we there yet???

Can’t wait. We are getting thirst trapped like a bunch of hormonal teens, and there’s nothing we can do about it :laugh:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm not gay guys, but damm, Demidov have the cute face of a hollywood star. This guy have everything.

He is the version of a young Ivan Drago.

Lundgren_Ivan_Drago.jpg
Screenshot_20240817_120007_Gallery.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm pretty sure it's Trey Augustine.

Maybe they have discussed about a trade to move up and take Augustine, but they finally wanted Fowler, so they don't need to move up.

I think that's the most logical guy that Vincent Riendeau really wanted ahead of Fowler.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe they have discussed about a trade to move up and take Augustine, but they finally wanted Fowler, so they don't need to move up.

I think that's the most logical guy that Vincent Riendeau really wanted ahead of Fowler.

Could have been Gajan or Hrabal.. that was a good goalie class. Bjarnason was possible as well.

I had Hrabal and Fowler at the top; so glad they got Fowler in round 3. Just insane, he's a goalie I would have had no problem using a late 1st on.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad