Injury Report: Injury Thread '23-‘24 (Post 1 has current injury status)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Nurse BETTER be playable.

That is selfish if he is hobbling out there and is a liability IMO. I would rather throw a raw rookie in there

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anybody seen @5 Mins 4 Ftg around lately, he usually updates the injury thread. Hopefully everything is okay with him.
1719423185409.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Lots of hints but no absolute statements about abdominal surgery, etc that have been going around.

Even if it doesn't require surgery, this apparent abdominal injury, 100% jives with how McDavid's game changed this season. Lot's of mishandling of pucks which was atypical for him, paired with a complete unwillingness to shoot the puck. Then of course, even when he did shoot, it appeared his shot velocity was way down. Last year he was ripping pucks past goalies with his wrist shot on the regular. That wasn't occurring this year.

It all makes sense.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Even if it doesn't require surgery, this apparent abdominal injury, 100% jives with how McDavid's game changed this season. Lot's of mishandling of pucks which was atypical for him, paired with a complete unwillingness to shoot the puck. Then of course, even when he did shoot, it appeared his shot velocity was way down. Last year he was ripping pucks past goalies with his wrist shot on the regular. That wasn't occurring this year.

It all makes sense.
I think everyone and their dog know this assessment and agree there was something wrong with him all season. That isn't my point. Any kind of surgery, other than say, tonsils, is serious, as opposed to just letting it heal on it's own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad