Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
:sigh:

As I stated, most (if not nearly all) GM's don't guarantee NHL Roster Spots to College UFA's, usually for the same umbrella reason of not wanting their hands tied in case the player doesn't work out, etc. They need that flexibility in case a player NEEDS time in the AHL, or just simply doesn't perform well right away

The Avs were a hell of a lot closer than people realize with Hayes, in the end, it was the NHL Guarantee that (I personally believe) ended up separating them. So what does that tell you about the other teams supposedly in on Hayes? They also weren't guaranteeing a spot for him. I also believe that if Hayes play REALLY warranted it, he would have been sent down, and stayed down, in the AHL. So what happens to Sather's promise there? Word would spread that he's not a man of his word, so it's another thing where GMs don't want that type of reputation out there (if they can help it)

But that didn't happen, and there's no reason to think it would have. All the other teams that decided against it didn't sign him either. Someone's going to offer these guys the attainable bonuses they're looking for, and the playing time. Unless the player absolutely hates the idea of going to that city or team, that means you don't really have a good shot at them if you're not willing to match that.

My hunch is that's why Buffalo had to drop out, and the Avs don't appear in it, while the Leafs are.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Elliott confirmes it... not sure why people get so excited for the college "stars" the best one has been bozak and he's a joke on this forum. He's a solid player but most likely these guys are a bunch of gilroy.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Elliott confirmes it... not sure why people get so excited for the college "stars" the best one has been bozak and he's a joke on this forum. He's a solid player but most likely these guys are a bunch of gilroy.

Excited is a strong word, it's more about getting a free prospect. As long as they even turn into an NHLer it's a great deal.

FoppaForsberg*

Hayes looks like he'll be a very good player too, there's more then just Bozak.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Dekeyser is very good for Detroit and would look real good on our left side.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was a lot more excited at adding Hayes than I was Bailey anyway. Hayes had a great all around game, and I never once understood the people who said he'd have to start in the AHL. To me he had NHL player written all over him, and you could see the way he read the ice would allow him to transition well

I think Bailey will probably be a decent player too, but his biggest attribute is is shot, especially the one timer. I wonder how he'll transition if his shot starts to get shut down.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Any DU fans watch Daniel Doremus closely this year? Any chance he could be a good fit for a #3/4C?

I see someone mentioned they saw him a couple times but he didn't stand out. From what I gather he's a hard working RC, that also has a pretty decent wrister, and has worked on improving his foot speed. Sounds like someone the Avs might target for a bottom six role.

I could also see them maybe pursuing the hulking 6'7" rearguard Oleg Yevenko as a project. He doesn't provide much offense, but he could be a late bloomer like other big men. Some more improvement on mobility and puck skills, and he might carve out a spot down the line. Might be a good addition to San Antonio next year at least.

Last edited:

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Any DU fans watch Daniel Doremus closely this year? Any chance he could be a good fit for a #3/4C?

I see someone mentioned they saw him a couple times but he didn't stand out. From what I gather he's a hard working RC, that also has a pretty decent wrister, and has worked on improving his foot speed. Sounds like someone the Avs might target for a bottom six role.

I could also see them maybe pursuing the hulking 6'7" rearguard Oleg Yevenko as a project. He doesn't provide much offense, but he could be a late bloomer like other big men. Some more improvement on mobility and puck skills, and he might carve out a spot down the line. Might be a good addition to San Antonio next year at least.

Yevenko signed with Adirondack I'm pretty sure

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015

Here's a scouting report I found on him.

Kyle Baun, Right Wing, Colgate Red Raiders, Junior (6’2″ 209 lbs)

The Grandson of NHL legend Bobby Baun, the 22-year-old has good size. Baun has 13 goals and 28 points in 34 games this season. Baun looks like a power forward, with good speed, the balance and power to fight through checks, and the puck handling to protect the puck in the cycle game and drive the net. Baun has a decent shot, and good hands in close. He wins board battles and does a good job establishing position in front of the net. Baun also has some decent vision and passing skills which really help in the cycle game.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/03/13/2015-college-hockey-free-agents-part-1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad