I'm fairly new to hockey and watched the game last night

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I gotta say, I'm fairly new to hockey and watched the game last night and im damn impressed by hockey players skills. I could never and I can definitely see the appeal. Might make a fan of me next season.
Welcome!

Well, you couldn’t have picked a better time to start watching. You are watching one of the most dramatic Stanley Cup Final series in recent history. Storylines. Two great teams. Arguably, one of the best players of all time. A game 7 after a 3-0 start by a team.

It’s a great sport, full of players with many different types of skill sets… all required to build a winning team. It’s a game of speed, skill, grace and, at the same time, strength, physicality and pure will. A blend between basketball and (American) football.. performed on blades of steel. Hockey fans, in general, are the some of the most passionate of any sports fan.

I’ve been an Oiler fan since before they entered the NHL. Seen my team assemble one of the best teams in history and win 5 Cups and also saw them have a Decade of Darkness like few teams have ever experienced. Always stayed true to my team.

Where you from?

Last edited:

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Nick cousins saved them against the leafs. Combine Nick Cousins and Darnell Nurse and you got Nick Nurse pretty smart guy
You picked the perfect game to tune in to catch a generational talent at his best. And it almost didn't happen.

But then Paul Maurice decided to insert Nick Cousins into the lineup

If your a new hockey fan, go for a skate, do some stickhandling and you'll get an idea for the game and whats what

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
See a game live. That's when the true conversion into hockey fandom begins.
This feline-faced man speaks the truth. Football is better at home, basketball is better in person, baseball is a party at the game, but hockey live BLOWS AWAY the tv experience. Even hostile road fans are awesome to talk to, you can see so much more. NOthing is better than live nhl hockey.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I gotta say, I'm fairly new to hockey

1719168065041.png

:huh:

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I gotta say, I'm fairly new to hockey and watched the game last night and im damn impressed by hockey players skills. I could never and I can definitely see the appeal. Might make a fan of me next season.

Edit : wow thank you guys so much I feel so welcomed haha

Hockey is the best sport because intelligence/tactics, teamwork, individual greatness, endurance, speed, finesse, strength, power and intimidation are all involved.

Players and teams have different amounts of each and it keeps things interesting!

Welcome to the club!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad