• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I swapped to Sweden for the second period. Will swap back to Canada for the third.

Limited viewing already but man does Carlsson look very very close to being NHL ready. Not out of place between two solid NHLers. Had a nice rush to the net front to draw a penalty.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This Canadian team is up 4-0 and still looks like dogshit. Barely any of these guys look like NHL players.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This Canadian team is up 4-0 and still looks like dogshit. Barely any of these guys look like NHL players.
I wish Canada and Sweden weren't playing at the same time. But it'll keep me from staying at the office too long making up for how I'm distracting myself.

Reactions: Static

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I've been going back and forth between both games. Here's a short summary after 2 periods:

Carlsson:

No doubt that he looks NHL ready, there has been some commentary that he might need another year in the SHL, but he looks really comfortable out there. Quiet game so far, but he hasn't had a bad shift. He's getting a lot of ice time which is great. Not the quickest or most physical player, but plays well positionally and is really difficult to move off the puck. He'll be a possession beast once he grows into his body. I wish he'd throw the body more, but it's just not his style. I do think he's looked a bit more like a passenger on his line than a play driver at times.

Fantilli:

Super frustrating watching him sit on the bench most of the game. Every time he's on the ice he's driving the play. Very high effort, great speed, great 200ft game. He wouldn't be out of place on the top line or 1st PP. There's so much to like about the way he plays, he's always around the puck when he's on the ice. He's set up some nice passes so far but unfortunately nothing came of them. He has made a couple of minor mistakes here and there but recovered well.

Big difference so far is that Carlsson looks very comfortable and natural playing against professional players, whereas Fantilli looks like he's doing it for the first time today (but doing it really well).

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
He’s a cartoon duck, you shouldn’t have to look that hard.
It really is though, I feel like ive seen like 8 slim shady clones in this crowd. Idk if they just keep showing the same guy or something but I feel like I’m watching the real slim shady music video

1683917768569.jpeg

Is this a common look in Latvia? @Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've been going back and forth between both games. Here's a short summary after 2 periods:

Carlsson:

No doubt that he looks NHL ready, there has been some commentary that he might need another year in the SHL, but he looks really comfortable out there. Quiet game so far, but he hasn't had a bad shift. He's getting a lot of ice time which is great. Not the quickest or most physical player, but plays well positionally and is really difficult to move off the puck. He'll be a possession beast once he grows into his body. I wish he'd throw the body more, but it's just not his style. I do think he's looked a bit more like a passenger on his line than a play driver at times.

Fantilli:

Super frustrating watching him sit on the bench most of the game. Every time he's on the ice he's driving the play. Very high effort, great speed, great 200ft game. He wouldn't be out of place on the top line or 1st PP. There's so much to like about the way he plays, he's always around the puck when he's on the ice. He's set up some nice passes so far but unfortunately nothing came of them. He has made a couple of minor mistakes here and there but recovered well.

Big difference so far is that Carlsson looks very comfortable and natural playing against professional players, whereas Fantilli looks like he's doing it for the first time today (but doing it really well).
For what it's worth I did see Carlsson try to throw a hit behind the net in the offensive zone. Didn't dump the guy to the ice, but I immediately thought "oh neat, he's mucking it up a bit"

Agree with your assessment 100% though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Let's hope Fantilli gets more ice time with this big a lead.
It's kind of wild to me that Carlsson has more trust from his coach against a pretty solid Germany squad but Fantilli is used sparingly against a just OK opponent.

Also random thoughts, McBain is really bad. Sweden overall is playing slow, sloppy and generally uninspired.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
That deflection goal for Sweden was a thing of beauty. It wasn't even going near the net when it got deflected in.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Great shift by Fantilli. Basically took the puck away from Latvia on the back check in the corner, started the sequence going the other way, got the puck on net on a bad angle since there was no support in the passing lanes. I really don't get the limited usage. He seems better or at least fresher than half his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad