IIHF Power Rankings right now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why in the hell is Sweden ahead of Canada??? Canada has won gold 4 times and silver 3 time in the last 10 championship and Sweden has 2 golds and 2 bronze yeah let's put them a head of Canada that seem right to you?? Hahaha
Its true that Canada has been better than Sweden overall last years but Sweden was better in the recent WC.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We all know Sweden is theoretically better than Germany, but the fact is, we can't rank teams based on feelings. Germany actually outperformed Sweden between 2021 and 2023 and was rightfully seeded higher than them.
Germany was not better than Sweden in Olympics 2022. Sweden has outperformed Germany in U18 and U20 last 10 years, why does that not count in IIHF ranknings?

swissdude

May 18, 2019
The IIHF World Ranking is based on awarding points for the final positions in the last four IIHF World Championships and in the last Olympic Ice Hockey Tournament (plus the Olympic Qualification for non-qualified teams). Junior tournaments are rightly not included in the calculation

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechboy is on a f***in roll, first he gets a WHC win and now the oilers are flying high.

Skinner...great game, lower lines scoring, great zone exits........did I mention the P.K?

Oh yeah.
Rare air for me.

I'm very thankful Czechs got the gold first. I'm much more relaxed watching Cup games.

I thought Dallas was better and would beat us in 6. Now we have 2 chances to go to the finals. Imagine having to shut down McDrai/Bouch for 2 games in a row? Definitely possible for Dallas but that is a daunting task.

And Broberg channelled his inner Klefbom!

Reactions: illone84

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Rare air for me.

I'm very thankful Czechs got the gold first. I'm much more relaxed watching Cup games.

I thought Dallas was better and would beat us in 6. Now we have 2 chances to go to the finals. Imagine having to shut down McDrai/Bouch for 2 games in a row? Definitely possible for Dallas but that is a daunting task.

And Broberg channelled his inner Klefbom!
Inserting Broberg has paid off...Coach K making all the right moves as usual.

I believe.

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Czechboy is on a f***in roll, first he gets a WHC win and now the oilers are flying high.

Skinner...great game, lower lines scoring, great zone exits........did I mention the P.K?

Oh yeah.
He is depressed that Nygård is not an oiler anymore.

Reactions: jj cale

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
IIHF rankings don't matter very much as long as WC are played during NHL playoffs & players don't care about it very much. (Two things not unconnected)

Canada and to a lesser extent USA Sweden & Finland have enough depth to send a competitive team each year.

However, the random rosters vary the quality of the teams too much.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
IIHF rankings don't matter very much as long as WC are played during NHL playoffs & players don't care about it very much. (Two things not unconnected)

Canada and to a lesser extent USA Sweden & Finland have enough depth to send a competitive team each year.

However, the random rosters vary the quality of the teams too much.
It does matter quite a bit for example for Olympic qualification. CAN, USA, SWE, FIN don't need to worry about that too much, but for example Slovakia failed to qualify directly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad