Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Igor Shesterkin to his friend Ilya "Anna" Sorokin after he gets his new contract.

1728836551997.png

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Igor can be the highest paid goalie in the league. I have no issue with that. But he can't be the highest paid player on the Rangers. That makes no sense to me. That distinction should be for someone who, if healthy, plays every game.
Shety's ice time last season was almost twice the next highest.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Question here, if the Rangers tried trading Igor for a 12 million dollar center who is almost 29, do you guys think the other team would do the trade? If not then goalie is not that important of a position.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
The rumors of Igor wanting a 4 or 5 year deal don't make much sense to me. That puts him up for a new contract at 33/34, and I don't think he'd get another big deal then.

What would be understandable to me is if he wants a 2 year deal. He'll only be 31 so it's plausible teams will give him 7 years, he's not at a huge risk of age related decline, and the cap will ostensibly have jumped up. It'd be a little risky, but if you want the most money you can get, I think that's the play.

How much would you be willing to give Shesterkin on a two year deal?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Isn’t a two year deal even worse for the rangers if he’s asking 12+
Those are the years they need to resign guys with the cap still lower

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone else think that Bobrovsky is in his ear? I bet they're friends. He made bank AND won a cup. So he's probably telling him to make as much as he could and that it's possible to win with a highly paid goalie.

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Does anyone else think that Bobrovsky is in his ear? I bet they're friends. He made bank AND won a cup. So he's probably telling him to make as much as he could and that it's possible to win with a highly paid goalie.
I wouldn't overcomplicate things.

Also, Bob's fam are pals with Panarin's. Shesty's with Sorokin.

I'd rather like to know what his agent is thinking.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad