Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
People are going to be for a wakeup call if Igor goes and you see what it's like to have average goaltending again that is costing the team games left and right.

Actually you won't have to worry because Drury isn't a moron and isn't trading away our best player.
Sammy Blais for Pavel Buchnevich

Reactions: ViD

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
IMG_3901.jpeg

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The best players in the NHL get paid, has nothing to do what position he plays. He will get paid.
The question is how much though? Is he leaving the team for an extra 500k-750k per year from somewhere else? I'm sure Drury has a stance of how high he's willing to go.

We all know how good he is.

Reactions: Atax

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
The question is how much though? Is he leaving the team for an extra 500k-750k per year from somewhere else? I'm sure Drury has a stance of how high he's willing to go.

We all know how good he is.
How good who is Drury or Shesterkin?
Asking for a pedantic jerk?

Henrik signed 8.5x6 in 2014.. Cap in 2014 was 69 million. That's 12.3% of cap.
…a million too much. No cup. Maybe that extra million could have gotten a better player at the TDL to get them the cup?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yankees let Judge walk to free agency, then got a deal done. No reason the Rangers shouldnt do the same with Igor. The only negotiating tactic either side has at this point, is Igor's play on the ice. If he earns the money, the Rangers will pay him. I firmly believe that. Until then lets win a Cup please.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think 10 is more than fair. 11 is more than enough

I get wanting to max out earnings but the org has to pitch winning above all.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Yankees let Judge walk to free agency, then got a deal done. No reason the Rangers shouldnt do the same with Igor. The only negotiating tactic either side has at this point, is Igor's play on the ice. If he earns the money, the Rangers will pay him. I firmly believe that. Until then lets win a Cup please.
Shoot the Yankees did it with Jeter who won multiple championships. I dont blame the guy for wanting to get paid. I know some may want to get some assets back by trading him(if theyre going to let him test FA), but I think giving this core 1 last shot is fine. I think the offer they made was more than fair.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Shoot the Yankees did it with Jeter who won multiple championships. I dont blame the guy for wanting to get paid. I know some may want to get some assets back by trading him(if theyre going to let him test FA), but I think giving this core 1 last shot is fine.

Trading him and expecting anything positive to come from in it the near term is EA sports fantasyland crap. Ride it out. I'm annoyed with him over rejecting a contract that I wouldnt have liked from the start but he is #OurGuy. He can write his own terms if he wins a Vezina and gets us to a Cup Final or better

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Trading him and expecting anything positive to come from in it the near term is EA sports fantasyland crap. Ride it out. I'm annoyed with him over rejecting a contract that I wouldnt have liked from the start but he is #OurGuy. He can write his own terms if he wins a Vezina and gets us to a Cup Final or better
I mean if we won a cup, and he was like I want 13 mil a year, Id be like , thanks for the cup, enjoy Columbus. People make comparisons to Carey Price and cap % but goalies dont do 60-70 games anymore. Montreal had 1 good run with Price and then he got injured. They sucked for a decade. No thanks.
11 mil a year is more than fair.

I agree. Ride it out and see what happens. I dont see any reason for further contract negotiations. Let him play motivated if he wants to get paid.

Reactions: McRanger92

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Igor rejects the contract at 11m per year and goes and pitches a shut out in game 1. Well played Igor, well played.....

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad