Igor ranks Bobrovsky as the best NHL goalie

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Good, he should stop asking for 3 million more than him then.

It's negotiations. Bob might have asked more at some point too, but ended up coming down eventually.

Bob contract at the time was 12.27% of the cap. So if the salary cap is at ~90m at the start of this contract, it'd be around 11m AAV, slightly more than that. Which is propably where Igor lands unless he takes the UFA route.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Man the stock of NHL goalies has really dropped to be talking about best goalies being Bobrovsky nowadays.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Bob the only reason, huh? By doing what? Being an above average goalie? And why did all the teams with better goaltending performances not make the finals, huh?

This Bob forcing is getting absurd.
Ok change that word "only" to "biggest". I'm sure you catch my drift tho, just nitpicking.

Above average goaltending you say? Vs leafs and hurricanes, both of whom he dominated? If that's above average I'd love to hear what you think is elite. Must be god himself

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Don't think it so laughable at all. Players constantly elevate their buddies to levels they simply have not reached, totally understandable as these guys have actual history between each other and that impacts their input. Footballers for example all the time hype up their teammates, even when it's not deserved and of course they do, it's their friends after all. I'll give a random example. Nathan MacKinnon trained summers with Shane Bowers, as a result of that he went on to say he will be a star in the league. Completely ridiculous to anyone neutral, but MacKinnon obviously liked the guy and wanted to be nice.

For a neutral observer they evaluate players purely on what they bring on the ice, no extra factors just how they perform in game as athletes. There are no allegiances or reason to sugar-coat anything.

The only those who played at the highest level know what's up argument is so lame and simply false. If that was the case no scout should know how to do their job unless they were legit NHL players.
Yes that's called bias and sticking up for your buddies. Different than true player evaluation.

I'll give you another example with MacKinnon that's a lot more honest - he used to say Danault was his toughest matchup because of his elite defence.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zibanejad definetly left money on the table to stay in NY. He would have got 9+ if he went to FA.
I think the proper point of inquiry is what his true value is, not whether one team would’ve given him that. Because look, Igor would get at least 12M if he goes to UFA. Doesn’t mean that’s his real value.

Mika is the T15 highest paid center in the league by AAV (and he has an incredibly buyout proof deal with excellent structure and clauses). Hard to say his true value is worth more than that.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I think the proper point of inquiry is what his true value is, not whether one team would’ve given him that. Because look, Igor would get at least 12M if he goes to UFA. Doesn’t mean that’s his real value.

Mika is the T15 highest paid center in the league by AAV (and he has an incredibly buyout proof deal with excellent structure and clauses). Hard to say his true value is worth more than that.
The market decides value. You named Zibanejad as one of three players who didnt leave money on the table. Your statement was wrong. His market value was 9+ as UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad