Igor ranks Bobrovsky as the best NHL goalie

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yet here we are with Bob as the #1 goalie on the planet. Even a couch potato wouldn't go that far.
This you?

1000007760.jpg

Bob was the only reason they were in finals last year and just had another great run this year. I got no beef with Shesterkins list - all great goalies in there

Reactions: RogerRoger

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
McDavid can be the best player on the ice, some times. Yes, he's a great talent but it can be disputed that he might be the number 2 player in any given year.
That's a silly stance to be on when the player is ranked #1 majority of the years. Your stance is literally McDavid can and has been the best, but in any given year, maybe he's not...

Reactions: I am not exposed

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
That's a silly stance to be on when the player is ranked #1 majority of the years. Your stance is literally McDavid can and has been the best, but in any given year, maybe he's not...

That’s correct. Therefore there can be a dispute on who the best player is and McDavid is in that conversation.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
This you?

View attachment 896721

Bob was the only reason they were in finals last year and just had another great run this year. I got no beef with Shesterkins list - all great goalies in there
You really think Bob is the #1 goalie in the sport?

Like seriously, and the only reason the Panthers went to the finals? You must have not watched the Panthers cup run. Giguere in 03 was an example of a goalie that was more or less the only reason a team went to the finals, this was not it.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Bobrovsky was outplayed by Igor in the CF. Difference is, Panthers dominated the Rangers on a nightly basis. Instead of being 6 games, series could have been 4 without Igor.

Igor is the best, but he isn't going to say he is the best because it would make him look like an ego maniac. For example, if McDavid was asked who the best forward is, he won't say himself, he would likely say someone like MacKinnon.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
You really think Bob is the #1 goalie in the sport?

Like seriously, and the only reason the Panthers went to the finals? You must have not watched the Panthers cup run. Giguere in 03 was an example of a goalie that was more or less the only reason a team went to the finals, this was not it.
I personally think its shesterkin but he's not going to say himself is he?

I'm talking last year's run. Yes, I watched the entire playoffs - he was THE *main and *biggest reason they made the finals (there I corrected it for you, happy?)

I'm not even sure how this is a debate. If it weren't for him we wouldn't still be meme-ing about the leafs. He absolutely stonewalled them, and then went on to do it again vs Carolina. Both of those teams should have beaten last year's Panthers were it not for Bobrovsky stealing so many games. I'm starting to wonder if you're the one that wasn't watching....that or you're just awful at evaluating goalies.

Who knows how Bobrovsky looks next year and for the remainder of his career, but as of right now he is absolutely among the best. Besides shesterkin, id probably take him 2nd as of today. His movement, skating, positioning, hands, reflexes, rebound control - they are all elite. Why do you think it's absurd to have him in this list? Please don't cite me stats on hockeydb as your only argument....

Bob, Shesty, Vasy, Saros - all beasts. You really can't go wrong with any of them, they are all so close. It just comes down to preference. Coming from shesterkin, having Bob #1 sounds totally fair to me.

Back to my main point tho - I find it laughable that people on the Internet that likely never played any high level hockey, somehow have the audacity to think their player evaluation is miles better than that of an NHL player. An NHL player who studies, plays, practices, trains, lives & breathes the sport for a living. Would love to see an elite NHLer's reaction to that lol you should DM one of them and let me know what he thinks of your opinion

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Back to my main point tho - I find it laughable that people on the Internet that likely never played any high level hockey, somehow have the audacity to think their player evaluation is miles better than that of an NHL player. An NHL player who studies, plays, practices, trains, lives & breathes the sport for a living. Would love to see an elite NHLer's reaction to that lol you should DM one of them and let me know what he thinks of your opinion
Don't think it so laughable at all. Players constantly elevate their buddies to levels they simply have not reached, totally understandable as these guys have actual history between each other and that impacts their input. Footballers for example all the time hype up their teammates, even when it's not deserved and of course they do, it's their friends after all. I'll give a random example. Nathan MacKinnon trained summers with Shane Bowers, as a result of that he went on to say he will be a star in the league. Completely ridiculous to anyone neutral, but MacKinnon obviously liked the guy and wanted to be nice.

For a neutral observer they evaluate players purely on what they bring on the ice, no extra factors just how they perform in game as athletes. There are no allegiances or reason to sugar-coat anything.

The only those who played at the highest level know what's up argument is so lame and simply false. If that was the case no scout should know how to do their job unless they were legit NHL players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This you?

View attachment 896721

Bob the only reason, huh? By doing what? Being an above average goalie? And why did all the teams with better goaltending performances not make the finals, huh?

This Bob forcing is getting absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad