Proposal: If Vancouver was going to Rebuild (Proposals)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Good for him... but you can't do that. He's signed the contract for the next 7 years. You're retaining 50% on his contract for 7 years if you're making that trade.
He still has one year remaining before his 7 year contract kicks in. He wants to retain for the last year of this contract and then the new contract would be entirely paid for by the acquiring team.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
That Detroit trade immediately jumped out to me as being absolutely f***ing awful....

But you know what, the more I look at all of them, the more every single deal looks f***ing terrible for the team that isn't Vancouver.

You're basically asking for every teams very best, A/A+ tier prospect. Nobody trades those level of prospects. Nobody. And on top of that you want 1st round picks from mediocre or bad teams.

This is truly a master class in absolutely awful trade proposals.
But how do you really feel?

• Haha
Reactions: zcaptain

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Good for him... but you can't do that. He's signed the contract for the next 7 years. You're retaining 50% on his contract for 7 years if you're making that trade.
Yes you can. They are 2 separate contracts, you can retain on the current, then leave the other as full cost...

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
OK............. I just want to see if I am in the ball park.

#1..............Pettersson to Columbus for Juricek, 2023 1st (top 5 protected) , and a Plus????

#2..............Hughes to New Jersey for Nemec and 2023 1st (top 8 protected)

#3...............Kuzmenko at 50% retained (2022-2023) to Washington for Lapierre and 2024 1st

#4..............Horvat (signed) (50% retained 2022-2023) and Rathbone to Detroit for Edvinsson and 2023 1st

#5...............Miller (50% retained 2022-2023) to Boston for 2024 1st and Lysell

#6...............Demko to Minnesota for Gustavsson, Lambos, and 2023 1st

Yes, this is definitely scorched earth, and alot of Vancouver fans think we are close, but we are not, and I do not feel we will be in 2 or 3 years, mainly due to Cap restraints. IMO, these 6 players can play on any team in the league and have value.

We will also be moving on from Boeser, Garland, Mikheyev, and Myers next year, at the TDL for prospects and picks. (albeit lesser returns)

Some say this would never happen, but I say tell that to Arizona and Chicago, and earlier on Ottawa. It happens, and it will continue to happen.

We will also be interested in Cap dumps, after we have moved these players...............and would entertain short Cap dumps as part of any of the above trades.
Bruins reject #5

Reactions: wintersej

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

#1..............Pettersson to Columbus for Juricek, 2023 1st (top 5 protected) , and a Plus????
No thanks from Cbus.

We can draft a C in this draft, and keep Jiricek. Defense is the main issue with this team, so why would we trade away our best D prospect?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
A 'nucks rebuild is all about Petterson/Hughes, not moving ahead without them

Suggesting sending them away is senseless

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

#3...............Kuzmenko at 50% retained (2022-2023) to Washington for Lapierre and 2024 1st

#4..............Horvat (signed) (50% retained 2022-2023) and Rathbone to Detroit for Edvinsson and 2023 1st

#5...............Miller (50% retained 2022-2023) to Boston for 2024 1st and Lysell

Yes, this is definitely scorched earth, and alot of Vancouver fans think we are close, but we are not, and I do not feel we will be in 2 or 3 years, mainly due to Cap restraints. IMO, these 6 players can play on any team in the league and have value.

We will also be moving on from Boeser, Garland, Mikheyev, and Myers next year, at the TDL for prospects and picks. (albeit lesser returns)

Some say this would never happen, but I say tell that to Arizona and Chicago, and earlier on Ottawa. It happens, and it will continue to happen.

We will also be interested in Cap dumps, after we have moved these players...............and would entertain short Cap dumps as part of any of the above trades.

Wings doesn't need Horvat (and the cap hit he will carry next year) nor Rathbone and we are definitely not trading Edvinsson plus a 1st for them.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Stop trying to force Quinn Hughes to NJ. Yes, it would be great to see all the Hughes brothers in NJ, but Quinn is redundant and not at all what NJ should be trading for. We already have Hamilton QB'ing the PP with Luke on the way. Nemec stepping in next season of the following on his ELC will be very valuable for this team as well.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Stop trying to force Quinn Hughes to NJ. Yes, it would be great to see all the Hughes brothers in NJ, but Quinn is redundant and not at all what NJ should be trading for. We already have Hamilton QB'ing the PP with Luke on the way. Nemec stepping in next season of the following on his ELC will be very valuable for this team as well.

Well not to be rude , but I have read some reply's and most posters are saying keep your players with crappy contracts and lousy record . Management put themselves in this position with bad contracts , and the play on the ice is a reflection on why they are over paid............. I know many of you think that the solution would be to fire the coach ,maybe some should look in the mirror...........

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
How much money does retaining on Kuzmenko save? 450k? It's a lot.
Kuzmenko is on a 60 pt scoring pace, and plays well off the puck.....he is also 26 years old...prime!

The $450,000 in his contract year = approx $150,000 at the trade line, something I believe Washington, Tampa and other cap strapped teams can handle.

The cost is for the talent, the minor cost of his contract (almost free) and his age. IMO, he fits into alot of second lines. I have been impressed with him so far. He goes to the net well. Definitely not a perimeter player.

For NJ switch Hughes to Demko and lower the return
What would you gives us? Aka, it starts with a 2023 1st and a plus (a good plus!)

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Pettersson can sign his qualifying offer and walk himself to UFA in 2025 if he wants. That sounds pretty appealing the way it is in Vancouver right now, or if they trade almost everyone else away in a rebuild.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
That's a whole lotta firsts moving around.

I think the only players we have with a legit chance to return a first would be: Pettersson (not moving), Hughes (not moving), Horvat, and Demko.

2 of those guys are a lock to not move, 1 is a very near lock (Demko), and Horvat is available

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Kuzmenko is on a 60 pt scoring pace, and plays well off the puck.....he is also 26 years old...prime!

The $450,000 in his contract year = approx $150,000 at the trade line, something I believe Washington, Tampa and other cap strapped teams can handle.

The cost is for the talent, the minor cost of his contract (almost free) and his age. IMO, he fits into alot of second lines. I have been impressed with him so far. He goes to the net well. Definitely not a perimeter player.

What would you gives us? Aka, it starts with a 2023 1st and a plus (a good plus!)
Not sure , that’s the thing. Devils are a ways off from being contenders so not sure if they are ready to give up a first plus another piece. Maybe they are fine with VV , Blackwood , Bernier , Schmid , Daws and use the Avs model of having mediocre goaltending but I’m not. I think Demko makes us a contender sooner than later.
But Brodeur has said that the Devils need to develop goalies from within as we will be hard against the cap and won’t be able to pay UFA prices for a goalie? Devils have a designated goalie developmental department with himself , Clemmenson , one other fellow who are solely focused on developing from within and drafting so they can save cap room…..
I say screw it and get an elite young goalie now. Instead of crossing your fingers and hoping we can develop one.

Reactions: zcaptain

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

You honestly need to do a better job with valuation of players coming from other teams as well as needs of the team trading with us.

Can we not have another year of you overvaluing every Canucks player and undervaluing every player we trade for?

It's why people on here honestly believe that every Canucks fan is a lunatic thinking we can fleece every team in the league.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

This ^, unless, obv. signif overpay offered for some reason.

I could see NYR offering you good prospects + cap dump for Pod.
More on that when I have a concrete offer.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
You honestly need to do a better job with valuation of players coming from other teams as well as needs of the team trading with us.

Can we not have another year of you overvaluing every Canucks player and undervaluing every player we trade for?

It's why people on here honestly believe that every Canucks fan is a lunatic thinking we can fleece every team in the league.
Minnesota got Faber (ranked 30th best player not in the NHL) and LA's 2022 1st for Fiala

Anaheim got Vaakananeinen, (2017 19th OA), 2022-1st, 2023-2nd, and a 2024 2nd for Lindholm

How am I that far off?

I think you guys do not know hockey or hockey history! Sorry Buds! You give me those types of returns for our

premium players.

Lindholm is a great player, but 28 years old. All those guys are solid players, some not even in their prime yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: VanillaCoke

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He still has one year remaining before his 7 year contract kicks in. He wants to retain for the last year of this contract and then the new contract would be entirely paid for by the acquiring team.

Then the question becomes why on earth would you trade Lysell and a 1st for that coming extension? They wouldn't is the answer. Everyone sensible knows Vancouver missed their opportunity to trade JT Miller for a solid return.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Kuzmenko had it down to Vancouver or Edmonton, if you trade him a dozen games into his career that would reflect terribly on the franchise with UFA's.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
The real irony here is that no matter how lopsided you think these trades are for the Canucks, our owner looks at it and will say hell no to all of them. Why? Cause he believes in the indefinite retool process. We will be mediocre for all of eternity waiting for Petersson and Hughes to retire while signing more bad contracts along the way (Ericsson, OEL, now Miller). This is true suffering

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad