If the NHL put all current players in a pool, do any current Kings players get picked in the first three rounds?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The value of pieces moved for Lucic, relative to what the Kings got out of him, is arguably as bad as the PLD trade.

It's the 8-year commitment to PLD that's also awful.

But I think Jones, Colin Miller, and a first (the Kings removing themselves from the chance to get Barzal, who they were eyeing) is very close to Vilardi, Kupari, Iafallo, and 2nd in value. Miller was never a Norris winner, but he still has 500+ games. Jones had 430+ NHLgames after leaving LA. And Barzal is Barzal.

Edit: I will say though as much as I hated the trade, Lombardi has earned the right to take such chances, considering how his previous few years went.

yeah the team contexts are no contest

value is very similar though, i think that's totally fair

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
You probably have a couple of guys (Doughty, Kopitar, Byfield) get a look near the end of this hypothetical draft, especially if there were teams going all-in right away based on the draft (Doughty and Kopitar) or targeting the future (Byfield). If this were for immediate competition, I don't think there is a chance that QB is drafted, he still hasn't shown he can effectively play C, and there is no way a 20G, 55Pt winger is going in a Top 96 draft if everyone were trying to win now.

How many teams are there that you think don't have a player better at this moment than anyone on the Kings?

Seattle? McCann is probably on par with Kempe, I'd rather have Kopitar and Doughty though. A lot of the shine has come off Beniers.

Anaheim? A lot of really young players, but no one there yet.

San Jose? I think Celebrini is talented enough where he would go, his offensive skill is good enough to score 40 goals (or a 40 goal pace) as an 18 year old. He was probably the best freshman player I've ever seen in the last 20 years.

Columbus, they are extremely young, but no Celebrini type talent. Werenski has maybe passed up Doughty, but its no slam-dunk, you can certainly make a case DD is still better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad