Line Combos: Ideal Lines Vs. Projected Lines 2024/2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Schenn Thomas Neighbors
Buchnevich Dvorsky Kyrou
Saad Faksa Texier
Holloway Sundqvist Joseph

Leddy Parayko
Broberg Faulk
Suter/Perunovich Kessel

That's what I hope for, but not expecting it...

I really want Bolduc playing every night this year. He deserves a chance and came on strong late last year.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I've noticed a glaring omission in some of these lineups.

Is Kapanen gonna be waived? I'd rather keep him as bench insurance.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I think Oskar may be either be gone or not play much, can't see how he can keep up after another leg injury, and now we have a nice collection of bottom 6 players

Reactions: Mike Liut

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
can somebody give a quick scouting report on the new guys? I don’t know shit about them. Thanks
Faksa
Texier
Joseph
Faksa is a veteran shutdown center. Probably won’t give a lot offensively, but he’s big, physical and will help a lot defensively.

Joseph is a super fast winger that plays with grit, is responsible defensively and a really good PK’er. Nothing special offensively but in a 3rd line role could certainly produce 30+ points.

Texier is the youngest of the bunch. He showed flashes in Columbus but that org is a mess lately so I think he may have some room to grow with this change of scenery. Even if he stays the same player, he’s another good 3rd liner who can skate, forechecks hard and isn’t afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Faksa is a veteran shutdown center. Probably won’t give a lot offensively, but he’s big, physical and will help a lot defensively.

Joseph is a super fast winger that plays with grit, is responsible defensively and a really good PK’er. Nothing special offensively but in a 3rd line role could certainly produce 30+ points.

Texier is the youngest of the bunch. He showed flashes in Columbus but that org is a mess lately so I think he may have some room to grow with this change of scenery. Even if he stays the same player, he’s another good 3rd liner who can skate, forechecks hard and isn’t afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Army is putting together a strong 2-way team, which is exactly what I like. I think we are going to surprise people this year.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How we feeling about Saad? Kinda feels like he should be the next to go.
I agree. He’s gone by the draft. We only have three draft picks in 2025 currently (a 1st, 5th and 6th) so I’m betting we recoup a couple mid-round picks for him at some point.

Updating my lines again:

Bolduc - Thomas - Neighbours
Schenn - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Saad - Holloway - Texier
Joseph - Faksa - Toropchenko
Walker/Kapanen

Leddy - Parayko
Broberg - Faulk
Sutter - Kessel
Joseph

Binnington
Hofer

(LI)TR: Krug & Sundqvist

Perunovich and Tucker available for trade. Dvorsky, Dean 1st call-ups, Snuggerud signing at the end of the season.

To be honest, this doesn't even look to bad. We're still very far from being a contender but we might very well sneak into the playoffs.
I think I like this the best so far. This is what I would go with to start.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Buchnevich - Thomas - Kyrou
Neighbours - Bolduc - Holloway
Saad - Schenn - Texier
Joseph - Faksa - Toropchenko

Broberg - Parayko
Leddy - Faulk
Joseph - Kessel
Sutter

Binnington
Hofer

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I think he is our best winger after Kyrou (assuming Buch plays C) and crucial to our top 6 at the moment.
I think Neighbours is probably better already and Bolduc could be as soon as this season as well. I like Saad, he is all but guaranteed to pot around 20 goals, but he also disappears for long stretches and while he's ok defensively the rest of his game is pretty meh. He could be a good piece on a contending team looking for middle 6 scoring depth and getting older so he would probably be a good piece to move while he still has some value because he won't be around when we are competing.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think Neighbours is probably better already and Bolduc could be as soon as this season as well. I like Saad, he is all but guaranteed to pot around 20 goals, but he also disappears for long stretches and while he's ok defensively the rest of his game is pretty meh. He could be a good piece on a contending team looking for middle 6 scoring depth and getting older so he would probably be a good piece to move while he still has some value because he won't be around when we are competing.
It's possible Neighbours could be better this season, but he wasn't last season especially at even strength. I also think the speed element Saad brings is crucial to a line with a slower winger on the other side like a Neighbours. I'd be open to trading him for the right price of course.

Reactions: joe galiba

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Really? Over Neighbours?
Neighbors goes to the net and gets dirty goals, he will mix it up a bit, and he is good at drawing penalties while not taking them, but I he needs work on the rest of his game, honestly he was kind of meh away from the puck last year, and his ability to use his teammates wasn't very good either

It's possible Neighbours could be better this season, but he wasn't last season especially at even strength. I also think the speed element Saad brings is crucial to a line with a slower winger on the other side like a Neighbours. I'd be open to trading him for the right price of course.
the only thing I differ on is I think Neighbors speed was much, much improved last year and I think his straight line skating was very good

Reactions: LGB

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yeah, I wouldn't say Jake is one-dimensional as he brings a supremely-annoying level of irritation to the game, but I'd like to see some more playmaking.

I'd love to see a Bolduc-Thomas-Neighbours 1st line, but that would probably mean a similar stat line of lots of goals and few assists.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Binnington
Hofer

Parayko Broberg
Faulk Leddy
Kessel Suter

PO Joseph

Bolduc Thomas Kyrou
Neighbours Texier Buchnevich
Saad Schenn Hallowell
Toropchenko Faska Sundqvist

Walker
M Joseph

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
That top 6 would look a lot thinner without Buch in the short term so it’s prob for the best they didn’t trade him for a 1st considering how things played out this summer.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Buch Thomas Kyrou
Saad Schenn Neighbours
Joseph Texier Holloway/Bolduc
Toropchenko Faksa Sundqvist

Leddy Parayko
Suter Faulk
Broberg Kessel

STLegend

Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
How we feeling about Saad? Kinda feels like he should be the next to go.
In Armstrongs presser yesterday he said something to the effect of training camp for veterans is usually just a time to get their rhythm back but this year is different. I felt that was directed towards Saad & Kapanen who are in a position of potentially being pushed out of the lineup by youth.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad