I heard there was a big Flood down there

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
How is everyone doing ? Being Fr Calgary I understand .. how bad was it ?

Hope you are all ok

Haha Thank you for your concern. We here don't see much rain so when it collects to over half a foot it is called a flood. Nothing compared to Calgary.

The water is fast moving and should not be driven in because of how strong it is. That is really the only concern. Check out the link for the news. They make it seems like :scared: When really its like :dunno:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/21/phoenix-rain-flash-floods/2573777/

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I visited some friends in Tucson yesterday and was visiting the Titan ballistic missile museum 20 mins south of town. Saw the wave of rain approaching from the south. Went four stories down into a nuclear missile silo for the tour during worst of it. Came back out to a nice, pleasant drizzle.

Great weather.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
My car is lowered and I hit a puddle. Needless to say my fog lights no longer work. But, it's not flooding. Wakeboarding in the backyard was fun though!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Real flooding is when every street is out of action, not just the ones that have a wash run across them. Haven't had sustained rain heavy enough for that in quite awhile.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Real flooding is when every street is out of action, not just the ones that have a wash run across them. Haven't had sustained rain heavy enough for that in quite awhile.

The worst rains ever were about thirteen of fourteen years ago and even then there was minimal damage and nobody got hurt. I remember the retention basins near my home filling up and over flowing. Surreal. Still not a big thing, though. It's the desert. Too much water is rarely the concern.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
The grass and dirt part of our backyard became a big puddle for a while. I kept an eye on it wondering if it was going to rise enough to flow onto the pool deck and into our in-ground pool.

It didn't. Roof didn't leak either. Thankfully.

Did see a picture on the tv news of some car stuck in a wash, but that's pretty common out here. Lots of 'I thought I could make it through' types here. ;)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Was a fair amount of rain in my part of town, but it's all relative. What Arizonans call a "big flood" is a normal rainy day in many other places, but it gets out of control due to our poorly designed drainage like rt said.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
That car that got stuck reminds me of the guy in Toronto who left his $200K Ferrari under the Gardiner overpass when the road got flooded...

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
heh good to know it wasn't that bad then ..

Being a Yotes fan I follow the Az newspapers regularly , and I guess they made it sound worse than it was

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I saw a few pics of people being rescued in flooding zones. Personally, I had to jump over a small puddle when I was running in Gilbert but I will take running in the rain over running on a sunny 115 degree day any day.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
39964460.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad