Hyman has 69 total goals this season.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
good to see Hyman succeed. I dont think he would have the season hes having in Toronto but no doubt he would make the Leafs better. at the time I didnt care when he left and still really dont but would have been nice to have cap space to keep guys like Hyman, thx Dubas and the flat cap

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
2nd time I've heard it.
The first was Leafs fans claiming Matthews hit 70.

This Hyman thread seems to be more of a 'gotcha' reply thread to the Matthews 70 nonsense than anything else.
I could be wrong (or maybe I just wasn’t paying much attention to it), but I didn’t see many Leafs fans claiming that Matthews scored 70.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That they acquired and signed a pending UFA in Chris Pronger that led them to a cup final. You wanted to get technical with the UFA aspect, and I just pointed out that it is close enough to bring up.

I guess you are so used to being in arguments on here that you thought we were in one, but that is just a simple conversation, and if you want an argument, leave me out of it. Cheers.
Might want to save the attitude for when you're right bud.

Reactions: Dhakhan

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I could be wrong (or maybe I just wasn’t paying much attention to it), but I didn’t see many Leafs fans claiming that Matthews scored 70.

You're right in saying it wasn't many. I only remember it being a few outspoken ones.

That said, this is kinda the same. I don't consider either to have achieved these totals in the regular sense.

Gretzky scored 100 once if it were the case, and no one really says that.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: ohcomeonref

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Pronger wasn't a UFA signing for the Oilers.

The Oilers acquired Pronger via trade with the Blues. Edmonton shipped Eric Brewer and two prospects to St. Louis.
swear I remember him signing long term then asking for a trade a year later.
I thought he signed there as a FA, I guess they traded for him then extended him?

The best part is that he would still be putting up 69 goals even without McDavid.
willing to put money down on that one?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
People can't just enjoy Hyman without trying to make it about the Leafs. He was a great player here, and became greater playing winger to the potential GOAT

Reactions: Norwegianoiler

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
There's no need to throw a tantrum just because you were wrong and called out on it either. Yet here you are.
The poster and I didn't even have a back and forth, yet here you are jumping in and trying to start a fight. I get the feeling people don't like talking to you so you engage them with hostility so they are forced to respond. Well this is the last one you will get from me. Later gator.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
In all my years of watching hockey this is the first time I've heard combined season and playoff stats used for a narrative. I wonder why...
Hey man, not true! For Flyer's fans, Reggie Leach's 81 goals in a single season in 1975-76, plus one of the few Conn Smythe's to go to a player from a losing team (who wasn't a goaltender) has been a constant source of pride.

I don't even have to look it up to (fingers crossed) know it's still the record?

P>S> Edit...so, Leach no longer holds the single season combined record...I should have known this after having recently looked up these exact same dumb stats a while ago when Austin's greatness at the same wierd feat was being trumpeted. Duh. But I think Leach holds the playoff goal record still, with 19? And he's definitely the only non-goalie and non-Cup winner ever to hoist the Conn Smythe...so, yeah...Flyer fans remember, and we're proud.

Good luck to Hyman, and anyone else who wants to break the record. The single-season goal one...not the only losing skater to win a Conn Smythe.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hey man, not true! For Flyer's fans, Reggie Leach's 81 goals in a single season in 1975-76, plus one of the few Conn Smythe's to go to a player from a losing team (who wasn't a goaltender) has been a constant source of pride.

I don't even have to look it up to (fingers crossed) know it's still the record?

P>S> Edit...so, Leach no longer holds the single season combined record...I should have known this after having recently looked up these exact same dumb stats a while ago when Austin's greatness at the same wierd feat was being trumpeted. Duh. But I think Leach holds the playoff goal record still, with 19? And he's definitely the only non-goalie and non-Cup winner ever to hoist the Conn Smythe...so, yeah...Flyer fans remember, and we're proud.

Good luck to Hyman, and anyone else who wants to break the record. The single-season goal one...not the only losing skater to win a Conn Smythe.
I remember Leachs 19 goal season. He also had Drydens number for several years. I think somewhere Ken mentioned how Leach was the forward who bothered him most.

Kyle Dufus ladies and gentlemen. Wont re-sign Hyman but will gladly over pay the rest of "the core"
Didn't he have a chance to sign Bennet as well.... and passed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad