Hyman has 69 total goals this season.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
It’s absurd how this guy has produced throughout the entire season. The fact that he could potentially hit a total of 70 was unthinkable at the beginning of the season.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Hyman has been phenomenal since arriving in Edmonton. Might just be one of the greatest UFA singings ever when said and done.
Pronger was a pretty good UFA signing for you guys back in the day too. 2006 just needs to be bested with a couple more wins and I’ll give it the thumbs up.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Pronger was a pretty good UFA signing for you guys back in the day too. 2006 just needs to be bested with a couple more wins and I’ll give it the thumbs up.

Pronger wasn't a UFA signing for the Oilers.

The Oilers acquired Pronger via trade with the Blues. Edmonton shipped Eric Brewer and two prospects to St. Louis.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Pronger wasn't a UFA signing for the Oilers.

The Oilers acquired Pronger via trade with the Blues. Edmonton shipped Eric Brewer and two prospects to St. Louis.
I mean it was a forced trade due to lockout salary negotiations and it was a trade and sign.

If we are only strictly talking about UFA signings then nobody is beating out the Chara pickup.

Reactions: PaulD

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
What are you arguing here? You said he was a UFA, he wasn't.

What is the point of this response?
That they acquired and signed a pending UFA in Chris Pronger that led them to a cup final. You wanted to get technical with the UFA aspect, and I just pointed out that it is close enough to bring up.

I guess you are so used to being in arguments on here that you thought we were in one, but that is just a simple conversation, and if you want an argument, leave me out of it. Cheers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Thanks, Toronta

1718821508941.png

Thank Boy Wonder for that little gift, Oil fans.

Saved Holland from giving up a pick or two, and Dubas just let him walk for free. :laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That they acquired and signed a pending UFA in Chris Pronger that led them to a cup final. You wanted to get technical with the UFA aspect, and I just pointed out that it is close enough to bring up.

I guess you are so used to being in arguments on here that you thought we were in one, but that is just a simple conversation, and if you want an argument, leave me out of it. Cheers.

Chris Pronger wasn't a UFA when the Oilers acquired him.

They certainly wouldn't have traded Eric Brewer and two prospects for a pending UFA. Pronger was a restricted free agent that the Blues couldn't even qualify because they were purging salary due to the new economics of the league and, more so, because the team was for sale and they didn't want Pronger's new long term deal on the ledger.

As an RFA he needed a new deal and signed a five year pact with the Oilers at $6.25 million hit.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews 70 in less games though, also his drip/60 is off the charts
Yeah I’m not sure why Matthews is even being mentioned in this thread. People are trying to compare Hyman to him and it’s honestly apples to oranges. Hyman is having an incredible year and I love the guy, but adding up different totals to make it sound like he’s on the verge of a 70 goal season is a bit weird. Just celebrate the career year he’s having for the commendable accomplishment that it is, instead of trying to make it something that it’s not. My biggest wish for Hyman this season is that he gets his name engraved on a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad