HUT Thread Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs For Life*

Anyone have any collections that they want to get 1/3 of the reward?

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
I'm going to buy the packs for the simple reason that there's a limited quantity. I'll drop the 125k. Yolo. I am fully prepared for no return. Will post results.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems like the new pack churns out more players, that's all i can tell from them.

if they're worth something or not obviously depends on the pull

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Vinny was my center before I replaced him with staal. He's basically a weaker, slower version of Staal. Definitely a solid option for the price, but he's practically off my team now

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try and snag a Staal on the Market when I get enough pucks.

FlyingRed752

Sep 26, 2013
Well after going on a 26-2-2 run and getting into Division 1, I am now on a 4-13-3 run which has me relegated to Division 2, and looking like I will get relegated to Division 3 and maybe even further.

It essentially seems like everything is going in on my goalies now. the only games I seem to win are 5-4 and 6-4 types of games and I lose every game with 4 goals or more. 5 times tonight I have given up 15 shots or less and given up 4 goals or more. Some of the goals are good, but it seems like most are complete and utter crap. Goals that a 10 year old goalie wouldn't give up.

I know most of it is my fault but I honestly don't know what to do. I have changed up almost everything on my team and I still lose. I think I may change up the strategies next.

Here's the team:

Semin - Duchene - Okposo
Boedker - Vermette - Zibanejad
Nyquist - Helm - Setoguchi
Miller - Emmerton - Eaves

Edler - Bogosian
Meszaros - Carle
N. Schultz - Wisniewski

Bishop - Lindback

Pucks: 110K

It has gotten to the point where it isn't even fun to play the games anymore. I am thinking of just selling anything I have left in value, then buying nothing but packs and playing with the players that I get out the packs. The chances that I get anything good are almost zero, but at least it will make it interesting. Any thoughts?

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Gonna buy a 2nd line center too, Filppula ain't cutting as i go up the division.

i got about 22k with a Gagner, Stasny and a Bogo sitting in my trade pile waiting be sold, anyone got any recommendations?

Backstrom or J. Staal

(I feel like I make this suggestion everyday)

balnky19*

sharp-lecal-voraceck
zajac-gagner-cammeleri
lupul-plekanec-kadri
simmonds-______-______

Staal-Girardi
Bogo-Hedman
Mezaros- Coburn

Who should i fill in in thos spots and what to improve with?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, the key is not to overload your 4th line, there's no point in that.

My 4th line is like Stalberg/Fisher/Hornqvist.

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
whos is the fasstest reasonable price player in hut

Cogliano can be had for about 1K @ 89 Speed.

Then Helm is at around 2K, and he's been a total beast for me. I'd rather remove players worth 7K+ (IE Lecavalier) off my team completely than move him from my 2nd line.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
EA servers need to get their **** together. I was on the third game of a tournament and it drops connection. Another reason not to spend $ on this game mode.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
*opens jumbo pack*

Who's the best player in it? KALETA! I love my luck...

So what's the consensus on the new LE pack? I mean heck, I might as well gamble on that too :laugh:
:cry:

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Well I picked up that Kopitar last weekend for 55k bid, and was gonna save him and trade up for Thornton... but Jumbo's value just kept going up and up. I just gave up and I am running this lineup:

Benn© / Kopitar / Burns
Havlat / 96Couture / Pavelski(A)
94Galchenyuk / Stepan / Tarasenko
Saad / Legwand / Clutterbuck(HL)

J Johnson(A) / E Johnson
Hedman / Bogosian
Carle / Voynov

Howard / Lindback

Lots and lots of fun. Line 1 just crashes and plays umbrella because they all hold onto the puck so well. Line 2 is all about finesse and speed. Line 3 just somehow seems to come together in any playstyle. Line 4 is well, line 4.

My D has been pretty solid, I highly recommend Voynov as an "underrated" player. The Johnsons line has been awesome, and DLine 2 is a rock.

I am on the fence about Howard. He is so hot or cold - but it seems like almost all higher end goalies are so I may just try and ride it out.

Stuck in Div 4 still.. missed advancing twice in a row by 1 point and then had a terrible season, but now I am 4-0 this season so I'm hoping to advance.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Throwing it out there: The online version has it's perks too. For example, it's super easy to update for everyone. So that's getting exclusive updates until 14.2

Updates so far:
Added entire WHL - Thank jaladolar.
Correct to Luke Schenn's shot
Added missing coach Raegan
Added Milestone Fleury

Thanks again to everyone. The positivity about this is wonderful.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Alright guys, whats the best way to deal with contracts? At first I liked how this game did it, but its way too hard to get the contracts. Gold packs are too expensive, and bronze packs only have the bronze contracts.

How have you guys been doing it? Is there another zero contract glitch in this game like there was in 13 where if you pressed start really fast in the Team View thing then you could bypass contracts

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Current Team(All Washington apart from 4th line and 3rd line D)

Semin (C)- Johansson (99, A)) - Tarasenko (IF, 91)
Landeskog (99) - J. Staal (91) - Skinner
Perron (IF) - Grabovski - Vrbata
Fleischmann - Huberdeau - Kopecky

Markov - Josi (IF)
Kulikov - Voynov (IF, A)
Campbell - Franson

Lehner (99)
Markstrom

Last edited:

TheRealDeal18871

Jun 27, 2013
PA
Well, looks like I'm about done opening packs. Haven't had too much success with my last 15-20(Combination of silver promo, gold, and current gold promo using pucks). Pominville was the best pull but I continuously find myself pulling the likes of Simon Despres, Trevor Daley, or Luca Sbisa. I also did pull the added Ryan Whitney and Brad Boyes but I completed the Florida collection last week.

On the plus side I just completed the Colorado collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad