HUT Thread Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Also got a question, just picked up a dirt cheap OEL for like 1400 pucks, he has no contract but damn son, I just picked up a +13 for 200, and he's ready to play.

Is there any other reason why ppl deter from getting a player with no contract? Just spend 200 more on a contract and he's playable...or was this just a steal I got?

Another question, the "C" and "A" captaincy cards, if I put it on a player, does that boost last forever? One game? and does the letter show up on his jersey even after the +2 ALL effect expires?

Finally last q, I see some heat icons indicating boosted players, why do people place such a premium on these guys when the boost will only last for one game (1 game duration)?

1) You got a steal

2) They last until you move the guy into the trade pile/my collection, then it disappears

3) People put high sales tags and hope for the best, or people have a 15 duration sitting in their collection and pay an extra few thousand rather than buying all the pieces separately

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Also got a question, just picked up a dirt cheap OEL for like 1400 pucks, he has no contract but damn son, I just picked up a +13 for 200, and he's ready to play.

Is there any other reason why ppl deter from getting a player with no contract? Just spend 200 more on a contract and he's playable...or was this just a steal I got?

Another question, the "C" and "A" captaincy cards, if I put it on a player, does that boost last forever? One game? and does the letter show up on his jersey even after the +2 ALL effect expires?

Finally last q, I see some heat icons indicating boosted players, why do people place such a premium on these guys when the boost will only last for one game (1 game duration)?

1. Some people just like players with no games played because they like to see their own stats instead of the stats of every game the player has played. Should be no issues with a player with no contract left since EA did away with retired players.

2. The captaincy cards last until you appoint another captain or assistant captain, no games duration. The letters are on the jerseys in the game.

3. I guess you could slap a duration card on it and get that boost for more than the 1 game. I'm sure some people think that boosting a player increases the value significantly, but in reality, it only increases the value to the cost of the player, the boost(s) and the duration. Some people are easily fooled though.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Updated lineup. Thoughts?

Heatley-Koivu-Pominville
Kunitz-Lecavalier-Wheeler
Umberger-Gaustad-Callahan
Fleischmann-Helm-Stewart

Hedman-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Franson
Meszaros-Schenn

Fleury (Pavelec if Fleury is fatigued)

Not a huge fan of my third D pairing but not sure who I want to use to replace them.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Updated lineup. Thoughts?

Heatley-Koivu-Pominville
Kunitz-Lecavalier-Wheeler
Umberger-Gaustad-Callahan
Fleischmann-Helm-Stewart

Hedman-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Franson
Meszaros-Schenn

Fleury (Pavelec if Fleury is fatigued)

Not a huge fan of my third D pairing but not sure who I want to use to replace them.

Seems like a big lineup that can just crash the net.

N. Schultz works like a beauty for me.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Seems like a big lineup that can just crash the net.

N. Schultz works like a beauty for me.

After spending 2 weeks collecting Oilers I am boycotting them lol.

I just picked up Bogosian and Edler so that should work out.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
My current lineup w/ a few questions after:

Lupul 86 - Getzlaf 89 (C) - HUT Live Yakupov trained 94
Moulson 86 - Galchenyuk 91 trained - Skinner 86
Steen 84 - Gagne 86 - Oshie 85
Silfverberg 80 - Cogliano 82 - Palmieri 79

Boyle 87 (A) - Seidenberg 87
Yandle 85 - Beauchimen 86 (A)
Hjalmarsson 85 - Regehr 85 (been a stud)

Hackett 96 trained
Hiller 86

Questions:
My 2nd line and fourth line are constantly changing. What forward would you recommend for line 2? I want to keep A. Gally. What 4th line players do you recommend?

Chemistry does or does not affect ice tuilt?

What goalies do you recommend?

Thanks guys!:)

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
My current lineup w/ a few questions after:

Lupul 86 - Getzlaf 89 (C) - HUT Live Yakupov trained 94
Moulson 86 - Galchenyuk 91 trained - Skinner 86
Steen 84 - Gagne 86 - Oshie 85
Silfverberg 80 - Cogliano 82 - Palmieri 79

Boyle 87 (A) - Seidenberg 87
Yandle 85 - Beauchimen 86 (A)
Hjalmarsson 85 - Regehr 85 (been a stud)

Hackett 96 trained
Hiller 86

Questions:
My 2nd line and fourth line are constantly changing. What forward would you recommend for line 2? I want to keep A. Gally. What 4th line players do you recommend?

Chemistry does or does not affect ice tuilt?

What goalies do you recommend?

Thanks guys!:)

You are right, Regher is a beast..... how has Yandle been for you?

personally i'd consider moving Yak down with Galch (they usually mesh well together) and upgrading your 1st line RW (or use Skinner until you can afford a high-end guy). something to think about...

Torgue

Oct 1, 2013
Updated Trade Block: PS3

Couture
Havlat
Pominville
Heatley
Holtby

Looking for SOTW Backes

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Wow Thornton is going for about twice the price of Couture on the market right now, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm gonna ask again since I haven't gotten a response, I need a better top line center than Brandon Sutter but can't afford star players like Kopitar, Thornton, etc

What would be a good option for the 10-20 k range?

Last edited:

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
Wow Thornton is going for about twice the price of Couture on the market right now, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm gonna ask again since I haven't gotten a response, I need a better top line center than Brandon Sutter but can't afford star players like Kopitar, Thornton, etc

What would be a good option for the 10-20 k range?

J Staal has been pretty thick, solid, tight for me. Great faceoffs, nice hits. Pair with a sniper for best results.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Wow there are definitely some advantages to having a big team, in NHL 13 I ran mostly with speed but in this game I think I definitely have to go size/checking. Also Lecavalier is a ****ing beast.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
My lineup is full of Auction House steals, and the benefit of pulling a Shea Weber from a free pack and flipping him for 285k after completing the Nashville collection.

Not sure how you managed that. You can't sell free pack items. Unless i'm missing something.

Also unrelated but there's a typo in the HUT DB, Schenn has a 79 shot, not 89.

Fixed on the online version. Will be fixed on the downloadable version on it's next release.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Anyone have any of the following:

C-LW Position Training Card
Edmonton Oilers Change Team Training Cards (x3- Possibly x6)
Ottawa Senators Change Team Training Cards (x4)

PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad