Waived: Husso on waivers

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
This might be the answer to why they started Husso in the opener. They can live with a 22-man roster for Cap benefits, but not for long if one of them is a third goalie who sucks and effectively reduces the roster to 21, and forces the team to carry just 12 forwards. It was important to give Husso some action early after a decent preseason to see if he could not suck. He did and now they can move on to a more useful roster ratio. The roster is not static, injuries and trades will happen, but it's just way better to have 13 forwards full-time rather than having guys on a yo-yo between NHL and GR.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Been saying it all summer, then he played pretty good in preseason, got a chance and just flopped when the lights turned on.

I'm not surprised, I just hope he gets claimed clearing out a ton of cap for other possible/unlikely moves.

Watson/Kasper call up imo.

Reactions: DatsDeking

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
No way Husso gets claimed. No good team has the cap space, and no bad team needs a goalie.
This is where I am. My initial reaction was ‘definitely not getting claimed.’ But then I saw a few comments/posts in the world saying he’s going to get claimed and I wondered what I was missing.

He just laid an egg and he is expensive. And has significant injury history. The attraction just can’t be much higher than rock bottom.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad