GDT: Hurricanes VS Senators 11/24 5pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If Eric Staal was back to his powerhouse ways last night the way the media is making it out to be, I guess I missed it. So he got an empty net goal. Big deal. The times I saw him on the ice he seemed like his same lazy self, not seeming too bothered to do much but take up space.

The goal wasn't a big deal, and I don't hear many talking about the goal. However, his plays to set up Ruutu and Lindholm were damn good, and I didn't see the lethargic line changes and backchecking from Eric that are what drive me nuts about his game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If Eric Staal was back to his powerhouse ways last night the way the media is making it out to be, I guess I missed it. So he got an empty net goal. Big deal. The times I saw him on the ice he seemed like his same lazy self, not seeming too bothered to do much but take up space.

I'm not sure you watched the same game as everyone else then. He was flying, and it showed in the fancy stats. Both Staals were.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The ruutu set up was the big play. Overall he just seemed to be using his body well and moving his feet like he does when he's on a roll. It was promising, IMO. Jstaal looked pretty good too. Actually after the outburst the whole team moved better and had more obvious chemistry.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
:laugh: Knew I could get you to respond.

Seriously though, neither Harrison nor Gleason have played particularly well. If you think Gleason has, then I don't know what to say as we see the game differently. The fact that the coach made him a healthy scratch should tell you what he thinks as well, so this isn't some fan based assessment. He isn't the only one struggling, but he's the highest paid defenseman who right now, can't hold down a bottom pairing role.

:p: Nowhere have I said that Gleason has played well, but he hasn't played nearly as bad as people on this board seem to think. I guess if he was out there doing pirouettes and behind the back turnovers in the middle of the ice, everyone would be touting how great he's playing. He's been more responsible than Harrison, for sure, but definitely not a top 2 pairing (or 1) guy like he's paid to be. Being scratched was a message, which I think he'll receive and respond in kind to.

(Haha, sick ghost edit when I was editing, tarheel. That threw me off. But don't pretend like you don't agree :) )

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I love to hate on EStaal's work ethic, but even I thought he was much improved in this game. It was like he....cared...or something.

His stats, beside the assist to Ruutu, were really unrelated to his overall better play. His assist to Lindholm was lucky (no one can convince me that he knew he was passing the puck directly Lindholm) and the EN goal was an EN goal.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I'm one of Staal's biggest critics on this board and he definitely had an "on" game last night.

Now lets hope we don't have to wait 25 games for his next one.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yeah, I'm one of Staal's biggest critics on this board and he definitely had an "on" game last night.

Now lets hope we don't have to wait 25 games for his next one.

26 games it is.:laugh:

And 26 is also the former number of a Mr. Erik Cole...further proof that Staal needs Cole.:sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
In that case, sir, you've got yourself a doppelganger.

Everyone has one right? Crazy that mine is in the same State I lived in for most of my life tho. :scared::eek:

But yeah, when I come back to visit, everyone will know. It'll be a time for grand celebration.....

......Most of which will then be forgotten after Dave and mine's drunk fest :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Westgarth has a phone hearing. So we might not have to worry about how he's going to screw up the next game or two.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Everyone has one right? Crazy that mine is in the same State I lived in for most of my life tho. :scared::eek:

But yeah, when I come back to visit, everyone will know. It'll be a time for grand celebration.....

......Most of which will then be forgotten after Dave and mine's drunk fest :laugh:

I still maintain a heel stable of myself, justhereforthefights, and thinkingcake would destroy y'all in any drinking match.

hctimo787

Apr 29, 2009
Add me to the first-to-criticize-Eric's-laziness crowd who actually can't complain about last night. He was good Eric last night for sure whether or not it showed up on the stat sheet. Forwards need to copy/paste 2nd/3rd periods from here on out.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Add me to the first-to-criticize-Eric's-laziness crowd who actually can't complain about last night. He was good Eric last night for sure whether or not it showed up on the stat sheet. Forwards need to copy/paste 2nd/3rd periods from here on out.

Are you the guy that made that great shock at the rock video?

The one below is under your account, but the sound is off, which is a shame.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I still maintain a heel stable of myself, justhereforthefights, and thinkingcake would destroy y'all in any drinking match.

This is happening. Not sure who our 3rd will be, but there's open invitations to multiple people. Better hope I don't pick my friend Tony from Atlantic Brewing Supply. That guy can drink like a frigin champ.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hahahaha I guess I'm not the only one who thought that! :laugh:

I'm almost curious to see a pic (if one exists) now, y'all have peeked my interest :laugh:

This is happening. Not sure who our 3rd will be, but there's open invitations to multiple people. Better hope I don't pick my friend Tony from Atlantic Brewing Supply. That guy can drink like a frigin champ.

if we're going heel//face on this, we might as well go all out. :sarcasm:

As the Heels, I vote for Garnet, justthereforthefights and thinkingcake go as Demolition.

27.jpg

Dave, me and ??? I vote for the Legion of Doom & the Ultimate Warrior :laugh:

Warriors.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad