GDT: Hurricanes v Flyers

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
The fans have spoken, more of last game's effort please and thank you.

1700052519762.png

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Philly is in a bit of a free fall, but they're still a way more talented team than previous years with Couturier and Atkinson healthy and with the usual suspect worker bee players (Foerster and Cates) always having good games against us. A great test for the boys after a little break. This is a game that's more "in-the-trenches", hard work mentality than a game against the Rags where we worry about getting out-skilled on the PP. They don't have a ton of skill compared to the NHL's elite, but I'm enjoying Torts having Couts back on the team. They play the game a little bit above their skill level and Torts will light a fire under them even if the playoffs are an impossible dream in the dog days of the season.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Because the Philly forum is just as unhinged as we are, I take no joy in beating the Flyers, but this is a game we really need to keep momentum. I'm interested in checking out how our defense looks now that they can get into a rhythm being home for a couple weeks. I want to see more of the suffocating forecheck that we thought we were going to get when the season started. I think we probably should have lowered our expectations a bit at the start because every defenseman takes time to work into our system. Nice to have Canes hockey back after a small break.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Burns wrestled Brindy to a draw in the weight room in a physical confrontation over whether he had to take a maintenance day? :sarcasm:
Isn't Burns on an Ironman streak? Why on earth would anyone ever suggest he sit a night for any reason while on a long consecutive game streak

Isn't Burns on an Ironman streak? Why on earth would anyone ever suggest he sit a night for any reason while on a long consecutive game streak
Just looked he is at 772 and only needs a few more to move into 8th longest

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Just looked he is at 772 and only needs a few more to move into 8th longest
The auto-combining of the messages from the same poster is a stupid feature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad