Speculation: Hurricanes to sign Skyler Brind’Amour

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
N
E
P
O
T
I
S
M

Might as well take advantage of your famous dad's career if you aren't good enough to have one yourself I guess, ha ha.

So because a team that is lacking AHL center depth or bottom 6 depth in crazy injury conditions says that we’ll give you a 2 way deal if you get out of your AHL deal is fishy just because of his last name?
It kind of is if there are better players out there to fill that role. I wouldn't use the term "fishy" though, because we all know what's going on here.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
N
E
P
O
T
I
S
M

Might as well take advantage of your famous dad's career if you aren't good enough to have one yourself I guess, ha ha.

It kind of is if there are better players out there to fill that role. I wouldn't use the term "fishy" though, because we all know what's going on here.
so tell me you don’t know just speculation based on his last name

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
I'm not sure why canes fans feel the need to defend the nepotism. It's not a big deal or surprising as it happens all over the league, but it still is nepotism.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean it would be an AHL signing, so who cares, really.

If anything, I think it would be funny to do this and make the Wolves play him after everything that went down the last time they were our affiliate. Would be a proper "I'm in charge now" move for the Canes.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
CapWages shows Carolina at 42 contracts with 8 PTOs coming in for camp. They won't sign all of them; some are there for depth for camp and preseason games.

Carolina certainly isn't having an issue with the 50 contract limit this season. At 25 and coming off an AHL deal, if they sign SBA (that looks odd, I admit) to a 2-way deal it will be for this season and he'll play in Chicago unless they give him a photo op night with his dad similar to how they gave Jared Staal a photo op night many years ago to play with Eric and Jordan.

The only UFA C I see out there who might be worth considering is Tierney, and if he were willing to take a 2-way contract he'd be signed by now.
Yea is not like the Canes can sign another AHL player, if they really need, it had to be either be an UFA or Skyler. There are many other options there.

And it is not like they can sign him to an AHL deal, is it?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Rod is not nearly a good enough coach to get nepotism signings.

Hurricanes viewing him like he’s Lebron or Giannis lol
Hmmmmm.....2nd most wins by any NHL coach over his 1st 400 games (242 w/a W% of .605) only behind Dan Bylsma. More than Bruce Boudreau, Todd McLellan, Mike Babcock, Jon Cooper, Bruce Cassidy, Ken Hitchcock, Scotty Bowman, Joel Quenneville, and the list goes on. I'd say we Canes fans have every right to view him as an icon of success.
>Checks amount of Cup rings Slavin has

>Still exactly Zero.
>Checks the amount of Stanley Cups won by the Sharks

>Still exactly zero

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the end he only has signed a PTO with the Canes? What is interesting is he is 25 and he has a half brother who is 12.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That organization doesn't strike me as the type that will let him stick around if he doesn't perform a role for them in some capacity. It's not like the Hurricanes are the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad