Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes sign Jesper Fast - 2m per/3 years

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So it's Jesper Fast, Brady Skjei, Joey Keane for Adam Fox, Julien Gauthier and a 1st

I can live with that

In terms of players:

Brady Skjei
Joey Keane
Jamieson Rees
Anttoni Honka
Noel Gunler

for

Adam Fox
Julien Gauthier
Braden Schneider

A lot of "we'll see" on both sides, but I am excited for the Rees/Honka/Gunler trio, at least right now.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Also, for fun, here's how the Faulk and Skinner deals have turned out:

First, The Faulk Tree:

To St. Louis:

Justin Faulk
2021 5th Round Pick (CAR)

To Montreal:

Joel Edmundson

To Los Angeles:

Ben Meehan (MTL 2020 5th)

To Carolina:

Dominik Bokk
Lucas Mercuri (LAK 2020 6th)
2021 7th Round Pick (LAK)
2021 7th Round Pick (STL)

Second, The Skinner Tree:

To Buffalo:

Jeff Skinner

To Florida:

Markus Nutivaara
Scott Darling's Buyout
Emil Djuse (ran to the KHL)

To Columbus:

Cliff Pu, ahem, I mean cap space

To Dallas:

Evgeni Oksentyuk (BUF 2020 6th)

To Carolina:

James Reimer
Pyotr Kochetkov (BUF 2019 2nd)
Alex Nikishin (BUF 2020 3rd)

Futures are futures, but we'll see how it works out.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
And my favorite tree of all, the Marleau tree:

To Toronto:

Axel Rindell (CAR 2020 6th)

To Carolina:

Patrick Marleau's buyout
Seth Jarvis (TOR 2020 1st)
Alex Pashin (TOR 2020 7th)

If Jarvis pans out, as he probably will, it will already be a win for Carolina. If Pashin is as good as I think that he can be (huge if, but it's the 7th round!), it will be one of the most laughed-about trades in modern NHL history.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
And my favorite tree of all, the Marleau tree:

To Toronto:

Axel Rindell (CAR 2020 6th)

To Carolina:

Patrick Marleau's buyout
Seth Jarvis (TOR 2020 1st)
Alex Pashin (TOR 2020 7th)

If Jarvis pans out, as he probably will, it will already be a win for Carolina. If Pashin is as good as I think that he can be (huge if, but it's the 7th round!), it will be one of the most laughed-about trades in modern NHL history.
A ton of Toronto fans wanted Jarvis with their pick, so us getting the guy they wanted using their original pick puts a huge smile on my face.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
In terms of players:

Brady Skjei
Joey Keane
Jamieson Rees
Anttoni Honka
Noel Gunler

for

Adam Fox
Julien Gauthier
Braden Schneider

A lot of "we'll see" on both sides, but I am excited for the Rees/Honka/Gunler trio, at least right now.
True I didn't even think about the picks we got for Fox. I am even more alright with the "trade" now.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In terms of players:

Brady Skjei
Joey Keane
Jamieson Rees
Anttoni Honka
Noel Gunler

for

Adam Fox
Julien Gauthier
Braden Schneider

Braden Schneider sounds like a character from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade remake that got updated to the 2010s sensibilities.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I wonder what number he'll wear for the canes. He's worn 12, 17 and 19 for the rangers; with 17 being retired and 19 in use by hamilton it'll be really weird to see someone wear 12. Not sure i would be in favor of it being retired though so I guess that's bound to happen eventually

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I wonder what number he'll wear for the canes. He's worn 12, 17 and 19 for the rangers; with 17 being retired and 19 in use by hamilton it'll be really weird to see someone wear 12. Not sure i would be in favor of it being retired though so I guess that's bound to happen eventually

Hamilton is finally free to go back to #27, so #19 may get freed up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Find you someone who talks about you the way @TheRillestPaulFenton talks about the Borg

I'm an optimist but god damn. You could be a political campaign manager the way you make everything sound like the best thing ever.

I joke, I've enjoyed your presence on the board, as mostly a lurker.
I've been considering asking RealPF to say something negative about the front office or ownership recently. I'm with you. I'm very optimistic but I'm not afraid to say I'm not a fan of a move but they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Even sometimes when I think they've done a good job I can't galaxy brain it to the levels RealPF does.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Yeah that’s getting retired. No sense in getting pissy about retiring the franchises all time leading scorers number. Unless Aho stays here forever that’s gonna stand.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
He was free to change the number after Faulk trade but didn't

No he wasn’t.

I don’t believe you can change numbers after training camp has started. Faulk had #27 and was on the Canes’ training camp roster to start last season, then traded. It was too late to go from #19-#27. It’s a weird rule, but one nonetheless.

We’ll see if he goes to #27 now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad