GDT: Hurricanes @ Rangers 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
getting this out here early just in case the expected happens and I'm stuck AFK tonight:

we+suck.jpg

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
*Disclaimer*
In this game, Eric Staal will take a lazy ass penalty.

Also in this game: Jordan Staal doesn't score, Manny Malhotra wins a faceoff, Alex Semin shoots high and wide, Ryan Murphy skates circles around the offensive zone, Justin Peters gives up a rebound, Ron Hainsey scores six goals and the Canes still lose the game.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Sorry guys, girl friend drug me out last nite and then I slept thru my alarm. GDT is done, but it's a universal concept, I'll save it for next time :)

Also, I believe we will win tonite :)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Carolina makes a good show of why Marc should stay the hell away from this organization

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While I commented about the team not being able to make a pass, one thing I noticed a ton last night, was the forwards gave the D no where to pass to. They were either way to far ahead of the play looking for a stretch pass or not moving their feet to get open. Sekera and Murphy (and even Faulk) can make good passes, but they have very little to pass to.

Not sure if it's coaching, players or both, but It makes it very easy to defend them and leaves nothing but a dump and chase or a guy trying to do it himself (Semin, Murphy and Faulk tried it a number of times last night).

This team isn't skilled enough to be successful unless they are moving and giving passing lanes to the D.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
While I commented about the team not being able to make a pass, one thing I noticed a ton last night, was the forwards gave the D no where to pass to. They were either way to far ahead of the play looking for a stretch pass or not moving their feet to get open. Sekera and Murphy (and even Faulk) can make good passes, but they have very little to pass to.

Not sure if it's coaching, players or both, but It makes it very easy to defend them and leaves nothing but a dump and chase or a guy trying to do it himself (Semin, Murphy and Faulk tried it a number of times last night).

This team isn't skilled enough to be successful unless they are moving and giving passing lanes to the D.

You and I are of the same opinion on that. It would be one thing if we just simply lost to Tampa last night, but they didn't even show a modicum of effort out there, especially when it came to skating. I don't know what the deal with that was, but it's the least effort I've seen out of a Canes team in a LONG time.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I got comped tickets to a string quartet here at Duke, I honestly think that'll be more entertaining right now, probably not even close either.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Marc Staal has a worse +/- than Eric. Didn't think that was possible but ok.

Marc is a shell of the player he was 2+ years ago. Between the concussion Eric gave him, and nearly losing his eye, he's never been the same player. Which makes this summer the perfect time to send Skinner, a 1st round draft pick, and Chris Terry to the Rangers for him!

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
ECU football game is going on at about the same time. I'll probably check in during commercials and maybe catch the end if it's worth it, but the way the teams are playing lately it's an easy choice. Especially since they're playing FIU hopefully at least one of my teams will win, too. If not I'll be in a very bad mood tonight...

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad