OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
They sent me out on a recon today
How does it work out in practical terms when military guys set out on an ad hoc voluntary mission like this? I would assume everyone more or less is in the same opinion that some sort of command structure is the most efficient way to get things done and people where they need to be.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
How does it work out in practical terms when military guys set out on an ad hoc voluntary mission like this? I would assume everyone more or less is in the same opinion that some sort of command structure is the most efficient way to get things done and people where they need to be.
So they have a tactical operations center set up in the hangar. They have a morning brief everyday, and then start sending out flights for resupply and medical missions. Other folks are sent out to recon or chainsaw missions via ground. They track everything on google earth, you put your contact info on a piece of paper and put it in the "Out" box and then put it back in the "In" box when you come back. If at the end of the day anything is in the "Out" box they come looking for you.

You then write down the particulars in a logbook from what you saw/accomplished. All highly organized and run like an actual military mission. White boards, computers, satcom the whole nine yards. And piles of Zyn cans 😁

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Googling "Zyn cans", laughing myself silly to the online vendor "Snusdaddy.com".

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So they have a tactical operations center set up in the hangar. They have a morning brief everyday, and then start sending out flights for resupply and medical missions. Other folks are sent out to recon or chainsaw missions via ground. They track everything on google earth, you put your contact info on a piece of paper and put it in the "Out" box and then put it back in the "In" box when you come back. If at the end of the day anything is in the "Out" box they come looking for you.

You then write down the particulars in a logbook from what you saw/accomplished. All highly organized and run like an actual military mission. White boards, computers, satcom the whole nine yards. And piles of Zyn cans 😁
Thanks for not only doing what you are doing, but also for giving us insight into things. I really appreciate it. My son graduated from UNC Asheville so we've spent a lot of time in that areas and have friends who live there and in the surrounding areas. I've heard from all but 1 that they are safe, but the one I didn't hear from never communicates much in the first place. The pictures, videos and what they've shared with me is unimaginable (as you stated earlier).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad