OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm closer to 30 and I found that the other day after seeing Pearl Jam lol. Idk how I did it in my early 20s
Yeah didn't even take concerts for me, just working as a brewer in my 30s and watching a hockey game after enjoying a few while making a batch would take it out of me. Now that I'm in my mid 40s I flat out know I can't do that stuff anymore.

Reactions: MinJaBen

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah didn't even take concerts for me, just working as a brewer in my 30s and watching a hockey game after enjoying a few while making a batch would take it out of me. Now that I'm in my mid 40s I flat out know I can't do that stuff anymore.
Your 20's are your "Prove it, man" era for most of us. Your 30's are your, "Oh shit, I have to be a responsible adult some of the time" era. Your 40's are your, "They will learn the hard way" era.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Everyone who sits around me at work is like 25-30. Their conversations are pretty typical for that age… weddings, house hunting, going out on the weekends, etc.

Part of me wishes we could go out more on the weekends, then the other part remembers our kids are waking up by 7 and will be hungry regardless of how hungover we are.

I’m 38 now, but it feels like that time in my life wasn’t more than a year or two ago. Don’t know where the time is going, but I wish it would slow the f*** down.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Backpacked all those plus Arches and of course the Grand Canyon (5 times) over a 3 year period when I was footloose and young. Loved the slickrock.
Nice. After I get off work this next shift I’m headed to the Tetons for about 9 days. Love it there, probably backpacking there and maybe the Wind River range too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad