OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In non politics news (or rather, American Election politics):

The three women who took home the medals in Paris failed to appear on the list with no points offered for the world rankings.

Also, the men’s gold medal winner also didn’t appear on the men’s ranking.

I really think that whole thing about her being a saboteur for the World Dance Sport Federation might be true.

Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Honestly, I think if breakdancing was taken a bit more seriously, it wouldn't be too much different than judging gymnastics or ice-skating. The breakers present a routine and the judges judge how well they execute it.

But then you had RayGun imitate a kangaroo and call it breakdancing and effectively killed off any chance it had.
Honestly, I appreciate the kangaroo thing a lot more than pulling from a set of predefined allowable moves. Something based on street performance that was born to be creative and totally organic should celebrate creativity.

I don't think it's anything that can actually be fairly judged as a sport. It doesn't belong at the Olympics IMO.

Reactions: DaveG

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Honestly, I appreciate the kangaroo thing a lot more than pulling from a set of predefined allowable moves. Something based on street performance that was born to be creative and totally organic should celebrate creativity.

I don't think it's anything that can actually be fairly judged as a sport. It doesn't belong at the Olympics IMO.
There were controversial judgements with both gymnastics and diving too. Just par for the course with any sport which isn't a race with obvious winners and losers.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
And here, we are also here:

In case y'all were wondering what would be the outcome when the EU commissar recently threatened Elmo right before his streamed-on-X chit-chat with Trump and got re: f*** you'ed by Elmo:

apparently the guy resigned today in an open letter to the chairperson of the Commission Ursula van den Leyden, who on her side apparently has been promising in shades a weightier Commissariat for France if France only would rather name any other guy as their candidate for van den Leyden's new Commission to be formed (after the EU Elections of this summer).

The initial reactions seem to be that no one really is going to be missing him.

• Love

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I mean frankly adding the event was so much of a meme that it becoming a meme was the only justifiable outcome
They should have freestyle rap battles as a sport. Kpop vs Babymetal vs Electric Callboy vs Run the Jewells

I know (not well) the latest would-be Oswald's son, mighta met the old man himself at some point. Wild to think about.
Blackrock employee?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad