OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Well, that helps explain all your conspiracy theory stuff.
hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1611612242.jpg

but seriously hate Celebs that want to interject their opinions on politics, I watch movies and listen to music to escape. last year with Disturbed, David Draiman talked about suicide and self help, so did Chad Grey of Mudvayne, they didn't express political views and get whiny when boo'd and walked off stage like Fogergty I think that just happened to.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
View attachment 874954

but seriously hate Celebs that want to interject their opinions on politics, I watch movies and listen to music to escape. last year with Disturbed, David Draiman talked about suicide and self help, so did Chad Grey of Mudvayne, they didn't express political views and get whiny when boo'd and walked off stage like Fogergty I think that just happened to.
Why?

You express your politics on your twitter account, right? Engineers, construction workers, laborers, IT professionals, actors, musicians, athletes should have the same freedom of speech, right?

If you don't like their views and it bothers you enough, then don't watch the movie. It's as simple as that. There are 1000s of movies to choose from and these folks aren't robots.

There are many movies I watch where I don't agree with the politics of the actor, but I can easily put that aside, because they are ACTING.

If you choose not to do that, that's more of a reflection of your choice than it is on folks expressing their opinions.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The reason why I didn't use an adblocker is because I correctly figured that the following would happen:

View attachment 875323

And I'm not paying money to a goddamned site whose mods continually give me warnings and bans for increasingly ridiculous reasons
it does get annoying to click "Continue without supporting us" every damn time, but it still loads and is easier to navigate. Half the time when I wasn't using an adblocker I'd click something on the screen (like button, post, name, etc) and it'd take me to an ad

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
it does get annoying to click "Continue without supporting us" every damn time, but it still loads and is easier to navigate. Half the time when I wasn't using an adblocker I'd click something on the screen (like button, post, name, etc) and it'd take me to an ad
I wouldn't care about the ads, but its ones that shrink the entire page down, and makes it where you can't click anything, that annoyance of click here to be a cheap ass is the trade off. The ads on this site are over aggressive.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The reason why I didn't use an adblocker is because I correctly figured that the following would happen:

View attachment 875323
It happens so infrequently to me that I don't even notice it. Nowhere near as cumbersome as the adds.

And I'm not paying money to a goddamned site whose mods continually give me warnings and bans for increasingly ridiculous reasons
Something tells me the problem doesn't lie with the mods.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pay $12 and just forget about this headache. Best $12 I’ve ever spent.

Yeah, I wasn't paying for it until the change about a year ago. Dunno who they sold out to, but ads became much more numerous and intrusive. And rather than deal with that, I figured $1/month was worth a forum I posted in 40k times and lurked on otherwise.

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Politics aside, Kelce should be terrified of the moment when they eventually split up and Swift writes a song or five about his inadequacies as a human being. That ten-minute music video about what a bad person Jake Gyllenhaal (allegedly) is feels like Swift driving a steamroller over him and backing up for good measure.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Politics aside, Kelce should be terrified of the moment when they eventually split up and Swift writes a song or five about his inadequacies as a human being. That ten-minute music video about what a bad person Jake Gyllenhaal (allegedly) is feels like Swift driving a steamroller over him and backing up for good measure.
Intertestingly, on the Kelsey's podcast, Jason Kelsey was asked what his wife thought of Harrison Buckner's speech which she apparently wasn't overjoyed about and he (Jason) joked saying something like, "....I don't care, get into the kitchen and make me a sandwich"....which in the context was absolutely hilarious. Even more so when we get to see Twitter melt down with ephithets of sexism and mysogyny. So f***ing predictable. Jerry Seinfleld was right.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Intertestingly, on the Kelsey's podcast, Jason Kelsey was asked what his wife thought of Harrison Buckner's speech which she apparently wasn't overjoyed about and he (Jason) joked saying something like, "....I don't care, get into the kitchen and make me a sandwich"....which in the context was absolutely hilarious. Even more so when we get to see Twitter melt down with ephithets of sexism and mysogyny. So f***ing predictable. Jerry Seinfleld was right.
Setting his joking aside (and I don't do twitter other than clicking on links that people post on HF), in fairness, there is a not insignificant percentage of the population that is blatantly pushing for sexism and mysognyn and try to justify it by cloaking it in Religious or "family" values.

I suspect that plays a part in some of the melt downs you saw.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Setting his joking aside (and I don't do twitter other than clicking on links that people post on HF), in fairness, there is a not insignificant percentage of the population that is blatantly pushing for sexism and mysognyn and try to justify it by cloaking it in Religious or "family" values.

I suspect that plays a part in some of the melt downs you saw.
Totally get what you're saying....the whole point of what Jason was saying was that it was a sarcastic remark actually making fun of Butker's speech. My point was that the context is what provided the humor. In truth, I read Jason's words as, "think about how stupid this sounds". That said, Seinfeld's point was that word police are ruining comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad