Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes extend PNC Arena lease for 20 years, Govt allocates $300m to arena renovation, Gale Force at least $800m to land development of the complex

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Huge news. Pretty much guarantees the Canes will stay in Raleigh until all of us old folks die. Heck, my baby who is currently *in the womb* will retire before the Canes could re-locate.

It's more than huge news. It's like bigger than signing Aho and Brind'Amour and all that. It's probably the best news for the team since Dundon took over, and even that wasn't clearly good news at the time.

Let me also get out and say that I 100% reserve the right to bitch and moan about parking prices, game prices, and these new gen alphas who listen to their crappy hip hop and don't understand the sport of hockey. Even if while admitting this is still great news.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sounds great, I'm happy for you all.

Are they finally going to make toilets with rink view? You know, Pee N C arena.

Yes, I hate myself for that (too).

They'll be right next to our new luxury boxes:

spectators-watch-the-liiga-ice-hockey-match-from-a-sauna-on-january-13-2009-at-the-hartwall.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Given that it is butts in seats that fund that league, I think both Charlotte and Raleigh can support a team just fine.
honestly MLS just needs to go full f***ing "yolo", go to 40 and implement pro-rel with plans to allow for USL clubs to be able to "buy-in" if they are one of the top 2 teams in that league eventually building a full pro-rel structure in the US system.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I have only been to Tampa's, Nashville's, and the Capitals' arenas other than the Hurricanes. All 3 of them have way more fun areas to play in outside the arena. Naturally the Caps' is close to DC proper, and Nashville's to Nashville. Tampa has this amazing little area called Sparkman Wharf, which is a doper version of North Hills. It was cool enough that my wife and I went there twice just for fun, not really to watch any games, on our last trip to Tampa. Here's hoping that the new area near PNC is more like this.

Sparkman-Wharf-Lawn---Evening-Wide_67E4E1BF-5056-A36A-08499EF871A55CE9-67e4d20b5056a36_67e561db-5056-a36a-08c22d6c2b77e399.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad