GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You’d think the guys in the room would be let down somewhat too when they know Blackwood is starting . Sucks that they start him at home too where our record is crap at home . Maybe they think this is a sacrificial game and save VV for ones more winnable ? If so , that’s a loser mentality . I can’t see them think that .
Funny enough, Friedman said something I had never heard before during one of the intermissions of the Jets/Oilers game last night.

Jack Campbell got scored on and it wasn't a bad goal, I didn't give him a stoppable goal on it, despite how awkward he looked on the play. He had to slide from east to west on a really good point blank that I think was even one timed after a cross ice pass. It beat him through the legs as he was sliding. Definitely looked awkward, but even I didn't give him a stoppable goal on it.

Kelly Hrudey (former goalie) says it just sucks when pucks hit you and still go in and one of the guys before I really started paying attention said it was maybe a soft goal. Kevin Bieksa disagreed and said it wasn't a soft goal in his mind.

Friedman then immediately said something like ''I've spoken to players and in their mind if a goalie gets a piece of a shot, then they consider it a stoppable goal''. He's talking about the skaters and not necessarily the goalies.

So you've gotta believe this team knows he sucks and that they have to worry when he's on the ice because he's such a liability. Especially the guys that have actually been here the last 3 seasons.

You know Severson knows, as he very memorably called out the goaltending during the post game show of the season finale last year.

Reactions: Devs3cups

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
The Blackwood experiment
Yes, but this is a new year, new Blackwood. We should give him a long leash since its a new year and everyone starts fresh. Maybe he can regain his AHL form and finally hit that elite potential. We should also negotiate his new contract now while his value is low before he goes on this 2023 heater of a year.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
1672603320396.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone know why doors aren't open at the arena? This is so strange
For Blackwood's (and every player's, officials and everybody on the benches) safety obviously.

They know if things go bad a hostile crowd may start hurling things onto the ice, putting everybody at risk of getting hurt and having things thrown at them.

This will now be a no-fans in attendance game.

That should definitely spell the end of Blackwood, since they now can't collect a gate because of it. At least during home games.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Yes, but this is a new year, new Blackwood. We should give him a long leash since its a new year and everyone starts fresh. Maybe he can regain his AHL form and finally hit that elite potential. We should also negotiate his new contract now while his value is low before he goes on this 2023 heater of a year.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We need a mistake free game or as close to it as possible.
We can beat these guys . Need Bratt going along with Beastmode Jack and Nico.
Need secondary scoring and we got this one.
Go Devils Go!

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Man, love that play by Jack on thee 6-on-5. Just sneakily took the puck away.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think much like Cory-Marty, the goaltending decisions look like they’re above the head coach’s pay grade, doubly so with a lame duck head coach.
Which is bullshit, because no matter how we feel about him, I don't think Fitz is any safer than I felt Lou was circa 2013-2014.

Obviously, that wasn't the case, as he only had his job for one more year after that.

We need to make the playoffs at least one of the next two years for Fitz to make it past 2023-2024, if I had to guess. Too much Blackwood this year means probably no playoffs and if he's brought back next year (which I don't think he will be, but if this is indeed coming from management and they're adamant about playing him, they I woudn't rule it out) then that's another year he's gonna get more starts than he should, while also being paid over $4 million and handicapping from spending the money better elsewhere.

If I'm Vanecek I would ask for a f***in trade after this year if that's how this year is gonna go.

You don't me be the undisputed starter and I'm clearly f***in better than this guy? Get the f*** outta here. I'll go hold out in the Czech league somewhere.

Or better yet, buy me the f*** out. How about that? And enjoy my buyout cap hit and your worst goalie in the league getting paid $4 million to play here and suck for the fourth year in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad