GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Boring, sloppy period. Both teams look terrible
And because of good defensive structure in both ends. Sloppy leads to odd man rushes and lots of potential fun. This is what I excpect today. The Canes are the modern day version of the old Devils.

Reactions: Mgd31

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
giphy.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Slop fest with some really stupid decisions with the puck from everyone

We look absolutely terrible right now.

Boring, sloppy period. Both teams look terrible
Ehhh. Both teams were fantastic in their d zone at 5 v 5. Active sticks shutting down everything in the slot. Teams who are playing bad are not this excellent in their own zone. Nothing wrong with a defensive battle, especially the two teams who give up the least amount of shots.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That period went as well as it could with Blackwood in net. 10 shots without a goal is almost a victory in itself.

I didn't like the 1 shot at 5 on 5 though.

I think this is kind of what we looked like early in the Pittsburgh game too.

Reactions: Mgd31

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah and? I don’t remember one chance they had. Both teams played fantastic D.

Also, funny how people who didn’t like us talking about the Devils are playing well during our slump are now showing the other team playing well but nothing to show for it for them, OF COURSE that matters. But us playing well, nope, ignored.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brind'Amour playing the hot hand in net? Wild concept
I've been hearing and reading the Kochetkov is banged up, but has still been dressing.

But regardless, I don't think they were sitting Raanta after two straight shutouts no matter what.

Reactions: Dialamo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Defensively that was played very well. Didn’t really give up anything . But then again , Canes shut us down 5 on 5 . Can’t get out of our zone with any speed at all .
It’s a battle to get into their zone .
I don’t get how they can forecheck so aggressively yet don’t give up odd man rushes .

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes, but this is a new year, new Blackwood. We should give him a long leash since its a new year and everyone starts fresh. Maybe he can regain his AHL form and finally hit that elite potential. We should also negotiate his new contract now while his value is low before he goes on this 2023 heater of a year.
Just now saw this lol.

Regain his AHL form? I think he regained his AHL form in February of 2021, as his last 60+ games look an awful lot like his last 50+ AHL games lol.

• Haha
Reactions: FinnishDevil

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The problem is thr players have been trained a certain way and if they change the calls there has to be an adjustment period. The league could stand to actually create some transparency on reffing but they don’t want to admit to game management.

It depends on what you mean by “game management” because it’s something they actually have to do (correctly).

Game Management doesn’t mean give each team equal penalties.

It means keeping penalties to a manageable level by telling players to cut shit out or they’ll called. Refs can communicate with players thorough other means than just penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad