Post-Game Talk: Hulu? More like boo-lu!

3 Stars

• Total voters

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Is this team actually this dominant or are we feasting on a bottom feeder?
Well last season we would squeak out 1 goal wins against bottom feeders so I ain’t gonna look a gift horse in the mouth .

pad them stats baby

Wonder if its a coincidence when a talented skater like Jones plays the team seems to put up 5 goals consistently...hmmmm.
You’re gonna look really foolish when Lindgren scores a reverse Michigan from the red line

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

Reactions: Atax

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One thing interesting is how Panarin scored his third goal yesterday from Mika's spot on the PP when the PP allegedly has no movement and is predictable.
The movement on the first goal is also something we’ve seen Panarin do on PP

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
f***ing embarrassing by the league and ESPN trying to pretend Detroit is relevant. All game long talking up Detroit while they're getting their shit kicked in and when they score to make it 5-2 it's "and they narrow the margin to make this closer!"

f***s sake

"Detroit has looked good 5v5!" in the first while most of their pressure came off early PP's

all around atrocious shit
It ;looks like the Dead Wing Era again . I laughed at people talking them up last season and again this season as they are going in reverse with that SOFT as Charmin Ultra club . They should take a page from the Ranger playbook instead of signing a bunch of has been guys and get some toughness before Larkin is wore out ....he is a superstar playing by himself . Seider IMO is overrated . They are just BAD.....I wonder when Turk Gallant shows up behind their bench .....him and Yzerman pretty tight buddies . They looked like an AHL club playing the Rangers who after 2 games against them likely will suck when they face a real NHL club . Great game by Mancini....he is a very heady player in the offensive zone and geesh we certainly lack that type of DMan .
Yes, I’m in the cab now.View attachment 918073
He looks like he is waiting for Mike Kelly....can't leave without him .

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One thing interesting is how Panarin scored his third goal yesterday from Mika's spot on the PP when the PP allegedly has no movement and is predictable.

We should have been using Panarin there more frequently- He's not as good there as peak Mika, but much better than valley Mika.

If the objective is consistency, Bread can do the triggerman role more often.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
When Hulu first advertised that they were gonna have live sports, I didn't think they were serious.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

I dont think they understood the point you were making. Not seeing the forest for all the trees type of thing.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Panarin ended up in the left circle after several attempts by Mika to set up Kreider at the left post. It wasn't about putting people in different static positions. The players rotated for a different look. Fox has been more mobile than I can remember on the man advantage. Panarin is zipping also.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Doubt drury has any idea that the team is better without Lindgren right now. That’s been a fact forever and yet they resigned him
Despite everything, I am sure Lindgren will be gone no later than the off season. The one-year contract tells me that he will try to let Lindgren built up his value (and unfortunately that mean playing time with Fox). I believe if he makes it to the deadline pretty much intact, he's a goner.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Despite everything, I am sure Lindgren will be gone no later than the off season. The one-year contract tells me that he will try to let Lindgren built up his value (and unfortunately that mean playing time with Fox). I believe if he makes it to the deadline pretty much intact, he's a goner.

Yeah I think if Lindgren was in the long term plans he wouldnt have had to accept a 1 year deal that walks him to UFA. There's lots to dunk on Drury for, but not locking himself into a one dimensional defenseman isnt one of them.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
So now we should put him there and then not have movement?

Not sure where exactly I said that. But hey if you choose to be intentionally dense and deliberately misinterpret what I typed, that’s your prerogative

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yeah I think if Lindgren was in the long term plans he wouldnt have had to accept a 1 year deal that walks him to UFA. There's lots to dunk on Drury for, but not locking himself into a one dimensional defenseman isnt one of them.
To me, it's similar to Kakko's "show me" contract....except Lindgren is showing himself for another team.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We should have been using Panarin there more frequently- He's not as good there as peak Mika, but much better than valley Mika.

If the objective is consistency, Bread can do the triggerman role more often.
We should also use Panarin more frequently at the top in place of Fox - Panarin is a much better shooter from there.

Reactions: will1066

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
We might have a Cup by now if we got October Hartemi in the playoffs one time.
the game in the playoffs is very different. it’s much tighter and refs swallow their whistles. his game is not built for the playoffs. he’ll never be as good in the playoffs. the concern is he’s completely invisible in the playoffs where I think he can be better

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Panarin ended up in the left circle after several attempts by Mika to set up Kreider at the left post. It wasn't about putting people in different static positions. The players rotated for a different look. Fox has been more mobile than I can remember on the man advantage. Panarin is zipping also.
And that's the whole point of 4 RH players who can move into each other spots seamlessly, especially Panarin.

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad