Hughes Brothers on the NHL 25 Cover.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
You cannot possibly think that is at all the same thing. Not even close. Cmon.
I don't. But I also understand how a pair of Swedish twins who were commonly referred to as the sisters outside of Vancouver would not be an ideal selling feature in the USA.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don't. But I also understand how a pair of Swedish twins who were commonly referred to as the sisters outside of Vancouver would not be an ideal selling feature in the USA.

The people you are talking about also would not care for a couple of guys who are string beans and the fact that one plays for a Canadian team.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The people you are talking about also would not care for a couple of guys who are string beans and the fact that one plays for a Canadian team.
I don't think you quite appreciate how xenophobic Americans can be. But carry on with your lamentation of how wronged the Sedins were.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I haven't played Chel since I've been super busy with life... but I know this is gonna be worse than 24. Last one I played was 16 and that was good and heard it just got worse since then.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Oh no....you are buying the roster updates. The game is free ;)
There's multiple cases where last years game was a lot better in content and playability, but they just had to push that next version which sucked ass in compare.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Your reference from the 1800s goes over my head old timer
His reference goes back to the 1980s and it refers to a movie that's still available and one you've likely seen. You could very well be calling someone an "old timer" who's younger than you.

But to cut to the chase, and even if you didn't understand his reference, which is by no means a big deal — it's nothing you should be criticized for — his reference is still very easy to figure out. You don't need to be a historian or a Michael J. Fox fan to accomplish that.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
His reference goes back to the 1980s and it refers to a movie that's still available and one you've likely seen, so you might want to be careful about calling someone an "old timer" when it's entirely possible they could be younger than you.

But to cut to the chase, and even if you didn't understand his reference, which is by no means a big deal, his reference is still mind-numbingly easy to figure out. You don't need to be a historian or a Michael J. Fox fan to figure it out.
If you were going to monologue like this you might as well name the movie rather than just grandstand for no apparent reason. and btw the old timer reference was not supposed to be degrading at all.

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If you were going to monologue like this you might as well name the movie rather than just grandstand for no apparent reason.
It's two short paragraphs, and I named the lead actor. I also edited it which you didn't catch because I didn't want it to sound like I was trying to beat you up.

I will help.

Hughes' yearly improvement on defence is chronicled below in reports from 2022, 2023, and 2024. There are many other reports but I wanted the progression documented and that which supports @nowhereman's post.

i thought it was a reference to back to the future III which was the old western one with the steam train time machine
You could be right. I think they all sucked except for the first one though, right? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: njdevils1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad