Hughes Brothers on the NHL 25 Cover.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
As someone whom hasn’t played an EA NHL game in years, what is this “pressure” feature that y’all are annoyed with??
It’s this huge visual icon right in the middle of the offensive zone that you can’t turn off. It fills up by taking shots and having zone time which makes the defending team worse the more it fills out.

Who the hell wants these gimmick UI elements all over the screen and even in the commentary? We don’t care about your dumb made up X-factor abilities either. At least have the option to take everything out and focus on things that matter.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
It’s this huge visual icon right in the middle of the offensive zone that you can’t turn off. It fills up by taking shots and having zone time which makes the defending team worse the more it fills out.

Who the hell wants these gimmick UI elements all over the screen and even in the commentary? We don’t care about your dumb made up X-factor abilities either. At least have the option to take everything out and focus on things that matter.

That sounds absolutely f***ing awful:shakehead :shakehead :help:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Just saw a Youtube gameplay clip of ‘24 and holy hell is that “Pressure meter” bullshit ever distracting.

Absolute bullshit that you can’t turn that off.

It’s EA though, so I’m not surprised. :rolleyes:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Just saw a Youtube gameplay clip of ‘24 and holy hell is that “Pressure meter” bullshit ever distracting.

Absolute bullshit that you can’t turn that off.

It’s EA though, so I’m not surprised. :rolleyes:
It made the game worse and is such an eyesore to look at, can’t be turned off either just as an extra f*** you. Of course it was one of main focuses of their NHL 24 marketing pushes.

The pressure gauge and X-factor abilities are fine ideas if they worked properly and were not part of the UI in any shape or form, just something hidden under the hood. Of course that’s not how it was implemented though.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Its baffling they dont move to make one single good nhl game ppl could play for years, it's just pure greed.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Since everyone is up in arms already I guess I'll have to join too.

Ultimate team ruined this franchise and a bunch of other sports games too. Why would they spend any energy in improving the game when they can just make money off of 12 year olds using their parents' credit cards?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
no joking at all...I'm not a video gamer but the only thing I EVER dabble in is NHL games....how the hell do you play NHL on a PC?! Like not being a jerk at all genuinely curious. Do you click the mouse on where you want your player to be? Im old and confused.

Seedtype

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
no joking at all...I'm not a video gamer but the only thing I EVER dabble in is NHL games....how the hell do you play NHL on a PC?! Like not being a jerk at all genuinely curious. Do you click the mouse on where you want your player to be? Im old and confused.
PCs support all the main console controllers, plus hundreds more.

Reactions: DJN21 and Xirik

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Alternate cover leaked :sarcasm:

IMG_3603.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If they want to make it realistic they should make the cover Quinn Hughes losing coverage in the D zone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad