Hughes Brothers on the NHL 25 Cover.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They can put whoever they want on the cover. The sad thing is the NHL game is getting worse and worse every year. It’s literally becoming more and more unplayable. I haven’t bought the game the last 2 years and not planning on buying the next one. 2K should start making NHL game again
to busy printing money from people buying player customization that would be have been free ten years ago in NBA 2K.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
to busy printing money from people buying player customization that would be have been free ten years ago in NBA 2K.
Yeah but at least they make a playable game. EA makes other games that are good like FIFA etc… I don’t know why they keep ruining the NHL

Reactions: Xirik

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Yeah but at least they make a playable game. EA makes other games that are good like FIFA etc… I don’t know why they keep ruining the NHL
Most definitely not a good game. FC24 is awful, nice presentation though but terrible gameplay.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I hope someone else starts making the game and manages to sell the idea to Nintendo too. Or start publishing on PC again.

EA Sports games have felt like roster updates and small gimmicks since at least NHL 16.

What made me stop buying the games was them shutting their HUT servers for games that were 18 months old. Those servers are likely dirt cheap.

Reactions: Bone Density

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
2004 was the last one I bought, it was great. First year of the dynasty mode and the gameplay was a huge step up. Then they abandoned everything that was good about it and that was the end for me.
I owned them all from 1993-2014, but I pretty much stopped playing by 2009. 2004 was peak (that soundtrack and 2007 both slap) but when they added in the skill stick it wasn't terrible until later years.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I was born in 1990, been playing since 94ish and played a lot with my dad growing up.

Nowadays I play with him and 2 of his 60 years old friends almost nightly. We have a team and each play a position and we mostly play 3v3 with a goalie vs another team of 4 humans.

I think this mode is great, even if there is still some flaws. We definitely are enjoying ourselves with the game.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Meh choice for the covers which have been declining for several years now. It's not a terrible game, it's just that they barely make changes year to year since the skill stick was introduced, but you still have people complaining about it even though they claim they haven't bought one of these games in over 10+ years.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Meh choice for the covers which have been declining for several years now. It's not a terrible game, it's just that they barely make changes year to year since the skill stick was introduced, but you still have people complaining about it even though they claim they haven't bought one of these games in over 10+ years.
Be a pro hasn't been updated since 2014. All other sports games seem to have more focus on it but not the NHL games. Just Hut and Chel over and over and over.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Be a pro hasn't been updated since 2014. All other sports games seem to have more focus on it but not the NHL games. Just Hut and Chel over and over and over.

If BAP mode in the NHL games was as in depth as say MyCareer mode in the NBA 2K games, I’d be one happy camper!!

Too bad it’ll never happen. :shakehead

• Love
Reactions: Xirik

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was born in 1990, been playing since 94ish and played a lot with my dad growing up.

Nowadays I play with him and 2 of his 60 years old friends almost nightly. We have a team and each play a position and we mostly play 3v3 with a goalie vs another team of 4 humans.

I think this mode is great, even if there is still some flaws. We definitely are enjoying ourselves with the game.
Great story man. It's always fun having a group of guys you can vibe with.

It's kind of wild to me that 3s often feels more "locked in" than 6s. If you have a full team 6 on 6 to play consistently it's great, but the bugs are mostly noticeable with the 6s. Pretty big red flag for EA, but I doubt any of them actually play the game so they don't care lol

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You're probably right but I couldn't care less for that mode, to be honest. It seems like a massive waste of time to play just like HUT. I enjoy the franchise mode and occasionally play chel when begged by friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad