Hughes Brothers on the NHL 25 Cover.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It occurs to me that this game will be out in like a month and we don't know anything about it. I dunno if that's a good sign or not

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It occurs to me that this game will be out in like a month and we don't know anything about it. I dunno if that's a good sign or not
it's a horrendous sign. Typical EA copy-paste bullshit game. If they had anything of note they would be gushing about it non-stop. It's going to be the same exact game, probably minus the "pressure" mechanic.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
This franchise died in 2014. Sean Ramjagsingh should've been fired years ago.
TBH they had a decent run with this engine. They introduced skill stick in NHL 07 and pretty much iterating on the same game since then. Just gets boring after 17 years.

To put this into perspective, NHL Hockey on the Genesis was released 16 years before NHL07 so this period of time includes the entire rest of the EA NHL franchise. And if you were bored with EA, you could buy 2K or Hitz or Faceoff or whatever.

Also, due to the yearly release schedule, these games are full of bugs and glitches.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I do get a laugh how somebody still hypes up a cover athlete, it makes zero difference on the actual product.

Like usual EA will publish some half-assed effort and focus on HUT, because that's where the money is. Kids and whales buying packs. Why bother putting in an effort when the money will flow regardless, clearly EA doesn't and neither should the consumers.

Ultimate team killed sports games, it's been downhill ever since the idea was put into practise.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I do get a laugh how somebody still hypes up a cover athlete, it makes zero difference on the actual product.

Like usual EA will publish some half-assed effort and focus on HUT, because that's where the money is. Kids and whales buying packs. Why bother putting in an effort when the money will flow regardless, clearly EA doesn't and neither should the consumers.

Ultimate team killed sports games, it's been downhill ever since the idea was put into practise.
It’s marketing to children. The company knows that older players have long since decided that they are in or out. For better or worse the Hughes brothers are a thing and they bring a different element of fandom. Overall it’s probably a good thing. The NHL fanbase is only going to be so big if the only fans are kids who grow up playing the sport on some level in Canada and select regions of the US. Attracting attention from casual game fans or casual sports fans is a must for the league. A Hughes cover would tie in with that.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
other than Luke Hughes (thus far) who is the most unremarkable cover athlete to be featured on an nhl video game?
Zegras
Eric Staal
The cup winner and 40 goal guy?
Being part of a brothers trio is enough to be marketable in a way. If it was just him on the cover by himself then yeah he’d be the worst.

I actually thought Broduer in 14 was an odd choice considering he was well passed his prime.
I was never a huge Brodeur fan and he was definitely washed in 2013-14, but it was cool to see him get the cover before his career was over. One of the most accomplished goalies of all time

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Glen Healy? lol
Apparently has the rare distinction of making it on the cover of 3 separate franchises

IMG_5785.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well nobody's played it that's just the typical behaviour of people these days and thank God my teen years and prime years were happening in the 90's 2000's.
It must be exhausting being young today.

Looking back, it was nice growing up with lowered expectations, a lack of instant gratification and the incessant need to impress people on social media.

And to think, my Fisher Price walkie talkie barely got across my driveway....which I guess worked out pretty good cause then we had to actually talk face to face. :)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I wish someone would capitalize on a PC Hockey game. so far there are only arcade and party hockey games on PC. I don't care about if it's not NHL players people can mod them in. make a fake league or get the rights to all the Euro leagues + KHL.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They can put whoever they want on the cover. The sad thing is the NHL game is getting worse and worse every year. It’s literally becoming more and more unplayable. I haven’t bought the game the last 2 years and not planning on buying the next one. 2K should start making NHL game again

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad